high idle

MAYKO

my 03 sportivo seems to be idling quite high at 1800rpm

just wondering if anyone else has experienced that and if so how they fixed the problem

:D

High idle is normal when the car is cold. There are 2 components. One for engine and one for aircon. If you start up the car with aircon engaged, yes it will seem that the idle is high. As soon as you drive this should correct itself.

i know my rola is idling a bit high but i dont know how high due to the bloomin fact that i dont have a revmeter but ive got one now just got to install it then i can figure out if the rolla is reving to high... but im pretty sure there is a nob somewhere near the rev cable and you adjust it accordingly.

i know my rola is idling a bit high but i dont know how high due to the bloomin fact that i dont have a revmeter but ive got one now just got to install it then i can figure out if the rolla is reving to high... but im pretty sure there is a nob somewhere near the rev cable and you adjust it accordingly.

those rev knobs are pretty useful, although ive only ever noticed them in my old landcruiser bundera (1985)... i never noticed it in any newer cars (ie- not in my parents 100 series landcruiser, or my 1zz). am i wrong on that? does the 1zz/2zz have these knobs?

those rev knobs are pretty useful, although ive only ever noticed them in my old landcruiser bundera (1985)... i never noticed it in any newer cars (ie- not in my parents 100 series landcruiser, or my 1zz). am i wrong on that? does the 1zz/2zz have these knobs?

I don't believe the idle speed can be controlled at all - set in the EMU. High idel could be as a result of another fault such as vacuum loss somewhere. Best to take the car back to the dealer!