My new ZR6 on 19" rims!!!

Sanz

"Well if you after ANZ specifically yes they own ANZ and would be unbeatable on that price, as for others I was looking for Ive been quoted cheaper, and TTF at dandy couldnt match it, sunshine could be a different story. And yes selling to people directly or through ebay will give you better $ for the wheels."

TTF Dandenong are a seperate trading entity to the rest of the TTF group - it's not franchised, it's owned by another seperate company altogether. I can assure you, TTF Sunshine are extremely competitive when it comes to pricing.

Hi Guys

Only a newbie to this forum as you can tell ... neway I have just spoilt my wife and myself to an Aurion ZR6 what a nce car to drive. Neway I notice this is all about wheels and just thought I'd throw my 2 bobs worth in. The Silver Aurion BTW ... very nice and I agreee as far as the lowering goes ... would be nice but yeah well those speed bumps :unsure: I have just purchased our wheels and tyre package from Bob Jane .. really help full guys we ended up with BBOSS Silvia's in a 19x8 with a 245/35ZR19 MRz-1 Maxxis ... not a bad looking tyre I have had them before on a Commodore I own .. neway they arrive on Saturday ... can't wait. For those interested http://www.bbosswheels.com/ in there you will find the Silvia wheels .. pretty classey I thought. The Townsville guy ... How you doing ... from there myself cheers mate

For those interested http://www.bbosswheels.com/ in there you will find the Silvia wheels .. pretty classey I thought. The Townsville guy ... How you doing ... from there myself cheers mate

The ANZ weels are also very nice. The Silvia are nice, but I think I'd prefer the Maddisons (each to their own). The Silvia look like they'd be a b!tch to clean, are they? I'd hate to have to get the toothbrush out and put aside an afternoon. :lol:

What tyre does the ZR6 come with from the factory? Is it Michelin like the Presara? I have Michelin on mine and they seem like very good tyres, I'd be sad to let them go... Maybe I'll save the wheel upgrade for the next first tyre change... I wonder how many kms the Michelins will last.

Edited by riftime

The Townsville guy ... How you doing ... from there myself cheers mate

G'day mate, you live here now or you somewhere else??

Beaves.

Hey Beaves

Live here now mate and found this forum by mistake after looking around for a bit of Aurion news before we took the plunge. Still trying to sell my VYS after what they offered me for a trade better off a private sale I reckon.

Cheers

For those interested http://www.bbosswheels.com/ in there you will find the Silvia wheels .. pretty classey I thought. The Townsville guy ... How you doing ... from there myself cheers mate

The ANZ weels are also very nice. The Silvia are nice, but I think I'd prefer the Maddisons (each to their own). The Silvia look like they'd be a b!tch to clean, are they? I'd hate to have to get the toothbrush out and put aside an afternoon. :lol:

What tyre does the ZR6 come with from the factory? Is it Michelin like the Presara? I have Michelin on mine and they seem like very good tyres, I'd be sad to let them go... Maybe I'll save the wheel upgrade for the next first tyre change... I wonder how many kms the Michelins will last.

Haven't actually got them yet they get fitted on Saturday :yahoo: as for cleaning ... a small price to pay for keeping the car clean I guess ... I imaging I might have to spend a bit more time on them but that's okay :rolleyes: From memory, without stepping outside to look ... 215/55x17 Michelin ... yes nice tyre to drive on .. a little noisey I thought but stick like $hit to a blanket. The new one's ... well we will just have to wait and see ... given a much larger footprint I'm sure they will hang on ... and for the wet .. plenty of those sipes to contend with the water. I'll keep you informed

The tyres are:

Sumitomo Tires HTR-ZIII

245/35/19

Your wheels look very cool!

I am looking at putting after market bigger rims on my new car also and was wondering if the wider tread (245) causes any negative effect on the road, e.g. following the road camber more, or dips in the road etc.

I have had 235's in the past on a FWD and found this to be the case though not too bad. How are you finding yours?

Thanks

Your wheels look very cool!

I am looking at putting after market bigger rims on my new car also and was wondering if the wider tread (245) causes any negative effect on the road, e.g. following the road camber more, or dips in the road etc.

I have had 235's in the past on a FWD and found this to be the case though not too bad. How are you finding yours?

Very interesting you mention if the car follows the road camber more. I'm not an expert at these kind of things but I would have to say "yes". I do a lot of freeway driving in particular and notice the steering wheel is sitting consistantly left of centre - car veering to the left a bit more than normal and it drives me nuts! Not sure what to do about it or if anything can be done. Toe adjust maybe? I don't know...

Edited by Sanz

Very interesting you mention if the car follows the road camber more.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think there is a fix, unless of course the geometry of the steering is out for some reason then a check would pick this up and remedy it, or at least minimise the effect of the wider tyres.

As I said I noticed it on a Nissan Maxima I had with 235 tyres, but also on a Holden that I had wide tyres put on, so not just restricted to FWD I suspect, though you would probably expect it to be more noticeable on FWD.

If you do have this checked and it improves please post the results. - Thanks

Hi guys,

Just picked up my new ZR6, drove straight into The Tyre Factory (Sunshine, Melbourne) store and put these beauties on:yahoo:

post-5934-1199503789_thumb.jpg

post-5934-1199503890_thumb.jpg

post-5934-1199503952_thumb.jpg

Hey Sanz

How u doin mate ... I was just wondering if you had thought about putting mud spats on your car now u have those 19x8's on it ... they are 8' hey. I'm sure you have noticed that a bit more road grime, especially tar :angry: seems to be thrown up on the car now. Just a question for you and an opinion ... I have thought about it myself.

Cheers

Davo

Hey Sanz

How u doin mate ... I was just wondering if you had thought about putting mud spats on your car now u have those 19x8's on it ... they are 8' hey. I'm sure you have noticed that a bit more road grime, especially tar seems to be thrown up on the car now. Just a question for you and an opinion ... I have thought about it myself.

Mud spats would come in handy (especially come winter time down here in Melbourne), but I think they would spoil the look of the car - make it look less sporty (just my opinion).

Call me lazy cos i haven't read the whole thread, but does any of this void the warranty? After market (or even factory after sales) mags and/or lowering... :idea:

You will void your warranty if you lower your car. (full stop)

If you change your wheels then I think that you have to make sure you keep to Toyotas tyre sizes. On the door panel in my car there are wheel sizes for 15", 16" and 17" wheels all relating to the width, profile and speed for my car. I think these sizes are to make sure that the spedometer does not change, however if you had 20" wheels and somthing happened that could be the slighest chance related to the wheel then you will void your warranty.

^ correct me if i'm wrong.

P.S. I also reaad ages ago that you cannot go up two sizes. ie from 15" to 20"

You void the warranty on the parts you replace, AND/OR any part that gets damaged due to the replaced part.

The speedometer will only get affected if the full diameter of the wheel and tyre either exceeds or decreases than the original diameter, if you sit on 19's and have 35 height (tyre wall) tyres should be the almost exactly the same diameter as 18's on 45's (I think you be out by .5 cm tho)

The likelyhood something going to happen due to your wheels is pretty rare, just ask yourself what can go wrong if I go up a size in rims? suspension stress is onething when your tyre wall gets too low and does not absorb impact as good as it was higher ...

As for load and speed ratings this is a regulation you must follow, going BELOW from what it specifies makes the car more dangerous and prone to an accident and hence is a defective vehicle, cops will pick on cars with nice rims and low profile tyres because the lower profile you go the harder the required ratings come by.

The two sizes thing..., Im pretty sure is another road law thing, debatable police usually avoid this unless its too obvious the rims are too big.. as most cars come with factory rims in a range of sizes so what is the benchmark?, Cops more importantly look at the load and speed rating as said above as this is more of an impact to safety than sticking 19's over the crappy old 16 steelies.

You void the warranty on the parts you replace, AND/OR any part that gets damaged due to the replaced part.

The speedometer will only get affected if the full diameter of the wheel and tyre either exceeds or decreases than the original diameter, if you sit on 19's and have 35 height (tyre wall) tyres should be the almost exactly the same diameter as 18's on 45's (I think you be out by .5 cm tho)

The likelyhood something going to happen due to your wheels is pretty rare, just ask yourself what can go wrong if I go up a size in rims? suspension stress is onething when your tyre wall gets too low and does not absorb impact as good as it was higher ...

As for load and speed ratings this is a regulation you must follow, going BELOW from what it specifies makes the car more dangerous and prone to an accident and hence is a defective vehicle, cops will pick on cars with nice rims and low profile tyres because the lower profile you go the harder the required ratings come by.

The two sizes thing..., Im pretty sure is another road law thing, debatable police usually avoid this unless its too obvious the rims are too big.. as most cars come with factory rims in a range of sizes so what is the benchmark?, Cops more importantly look at the load and speed rating as said above as this is more of an impact to safety than sticking 19's over the crappy old 16 steelies.

Cool, thanks for that.