Aurion dash

aurion_zr6

hey all,

just a few quickies in relation to the zr6

1) i was on the toyota website and looking at the aurion dash , it said it showed average speed, is that the average speed of the car for the duration of the trip or the current speed you are travelling at

2) i noticed that the aurion dash has increments of 20 eg 60-80 with 70 in the middle there for is it hard to tell if ur just over 60 or a lot over 60?

thanks all

Edited by aurion_zr6

1) Im pretti sure its the average speed of the car for the duration of the trip.

2)The aurion dash is really easy to read i reckon, so yeah you will be able to tell if your on 60 or a bit over.

1) Im pretti sure its the average speed of the car for the duration of the trip.

2)The aurion dash is really easy to read i reckon, so yeah you will be able to tell if your on 60 or a bit over.

wats the point of showing the average speed of the car for the duration of the trip ...much rather see the speed u r travelling at

that is what the speedo is for....................good lord.

its still always good to see exact speed

lol they did it so that people like you dont look at it every 2 seconds and crash :D

on a few of the old falcons they had the exact speed showing and the main reason i would want it to show the speed i am going in is that the aurion increases in lots of 20 eg 60-80 not in 10 which can be difficult to tell if ur just over 60 or alot over 60, hopefully should be putting in the order for the zr6 with sav nat and moon roof by end of next week !

Are you saying there's no tolerance??/

I have been zapped with a speed camera doing slightly over the limit that many times and have never been booked, by hand held radar and the old Land Cruiser parked on the side of the road jobby they seem to have been using the last few years. I always thought there was about a 10% tolerance ie- 60km/h and you are doing 65km/h generally you wont find yourself in the $hit. In no way am I approving of speeding either, just that in my old car without cruise control it was a lot harder to stay exactly on the speed limit when driving on the highway.

In Victoria there is a 3km/h tolerance for all limits but you have to be stiff to get done given the radars and speed cameras also have a 3-4km/h tolerance.

If you can stay on or around 60 (so 64-65, you won't get a ticket.

And, as written here before, most speedos are out by 2 or 3km/h anyway.

Not to mention the hidden speed camera's behind road signs or the blind side of bridges!!! :angry:

fukn hate radars n coppers

i just got done doin 120 in a 70 zone caught by a radar gun n now lost my license 4 a year

I'm not laying judgement, but I'd say that getting done for 64 in a 60 zone is a lot more ridiculous (and revenue driven) as compared to getting done for 120 in a 70 zone. I'm quite fortunate that I haven't received a fine in quite a few years, but it's only a matter of time even though I don't generally speed. The small tolerance limit will get me sooner or later, it's so easy to go a few km/h over the limit without realising it, perhaps down a hill? In some circumstances I think it's more dangerous to keep looking at your speedo than at the road.

And before anyone comments that there are certain ethics in radar use and speed-camera use such as never placing them down hills... my last fine was getting done by a radar gun at the bottom of a steep, long hill with a friggin tailgater right up my rear end all the way through. Cop didn't want to hear about it.

Just to add, In Victoria, you can ask for a warning notice instead of the fine: if your going above the speed limit but < 10km/h over, you havent lost any demerit points in the last 3 years, and you havent asked for warning notice before.

Just to add, In Victoria, you can ask for a warning notice instead of the fine: if your going above the speed limit but < 10km/h over, you havent lost any demerit points in the last 3 years, and you havent asked for warning notice before.

Come to think of it, my next door neighbour mentioned that as well some time back. If I remember correctly, it's some kind of an appeal process, asking them to waive/retract the fine in favour of a warning only. Obviously you have to have had a good driving record for them to consider it. I wonder how easy it is to find the exact process to follow.