LPG for '08 Kluger

Cookie

Has anyone considered converting their new Kluger to LPG?

There is an LPG conversion kit available for the Aurion which I think is the same motor? so maybe it's a possibility to convert the Kluger.

Any thoughts or feedback on this idea? I have a dual fuel car at the moment and would like to run LPG on the Kluger if I could.....~$1.48 a litre compared to .63c for LPG....

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5010760,00.html

Edited by Cookie

• 4 years later...

Converted mine to JTG liquid system at 24000ks, good power,more than 20% extra fuel use.Spare wheel out for 68 usable litre tank.Done about 5500ks at an average 14.22l/100.Problem with leaking injector causing difficult cold start[long cranking time].Occasional stall on change from petrol to gas to be rectified.Spare tyre is now a can of slime puncture repair.The injectors are supposed to bed in over the first few thousand Ks but it seems unlikely to me.The fitter says he will replace them but there are none in the country at present,which makes me a bit nervous.Teething problems aside I,m happy with the system.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been running the JTG system for over 40,000k's now, you wouldn't even know it is runing on gas and it's seamless when switching from gas to petrol.

• 1 month later...

Had the injectors replaced and the starting became even worse.Returned car to the fitter with instruction to fix or remove.This could become really interesting!The week I allowed them is up today,so I will report again later.