Hid Help!

LUK3Y

Started off with my left headlight turning into almost a bronze/copper colour.... shortly after it died and stopped producing any light. 2 days later the same happened to the right headlight. Now all i have is parkers, no high or low beams at all so basically it's bed time for my car at 8.30 at the moment :angry:

Does anybody know what the problem may be? some say its the globes (which apparently are $200 EACH!)

If anybody does have an idea please get back to me, cheers.

I also should add that when i do switch the lights on they flicker for a split second giving off a quick flash before dying out.

How long has it been working for? How is the setup wired? is there a separate relay setup?

Some Possibilities:

1. bad connection or bad ground resulting in flickering = bad = constant high ignition of the ballast = damage!

2. Poor quality bulbs/ballast. is it a aftermarket one?

I also should add that when i do switch the lights on they flicker for a split second giving off a quick flash before dying out.

How long has it been working for? How is the setup wired? is there a separate relay setup?

Some Possibilities:

1. bad connection or bad ground resulting in flickering = bad = constant high ignition of the ballast = damage!

I purchased the car around 3 months ago (2nd hand) It turns out its an aftermarket Hid Xenon Kit. I dont really know much about these so i dont really want to stuff around with it. Will an auto elec be able to deal with it? or perhaps is there any troubleshooting guides lying around that i can flick through? Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Some Possibilities:

I purchased the car around 3 months ago (2nd hand) It turns out its an aftermarket Hid Xenon Kit. I dont really know much about these so i dont really want to stuff around with it. Will an auto elec be able to deal with it? or perhaps is there any troubleshooting guides lying around that i can flick through? Thanks guys.

You can get the ballast-hid unit out and use the car battery to test them out, if they work fine there then it should be something with the connection.

i bought it 2nd, seller showed working so took it from him on the spot, and its never been touched since. selling because uncle gave me denso kit, and threw them on for me.

Replacement ballasts are cheaper to replace than bulbs.

I got quoted from around 300 - 120 per pair! ....luckily I was in Perth at the time and J-Spec did replacement globes for $80 :toast: