200 Series Rear Seat Removal

Towering

Just about to receive my new 200 series Landcruiser and I am wondering if the Rear Seats can be "easily" removed. In the 100 series it was jsut a catch and out they came.

The photos of the 200 series makes the rear row of seats look very permanent, and takes away a lot of available room for those coping with only 4 or 5 passengers maximum.

Any clues would be appreciated

Just about to receive my new 200 series Landcruiser and I am wondering if the Rear Seats can be "easily" removed. In the 100 series it was jsut a catch and out they came.

The photos of the 200 series makes the rear row of seats look very permanent, and takes away a lot of available room for those coping with only 4 or 5 passengers maximum.

If no one replied here,

Either ring your dealer, go in or ask when you pick the car up.

Just a suggestion!

Cheers.

If no one replied here,

Either ring your dealer, go in or ask when you pick the car up.

Just a suggestion!

Cheers.

Thanks - That was always the option, however thought there might be more Landcruiser activity on the site

No, its not as simple as the 100 series. You have to remove a plastic cover and unbolt either 4 or 6 bolts per side.

• 2 months later...

SORRY THIS REPLY IS LATE BUT I HAVE ONLY JUST JOINED THE GROUP. TO REMOVE THE REAR SEATS IS NOT LIKE THE 100 SERIES. AS STATED IN A EARLIER REPLY THEY ARE BOLTED TO THE FLOOR. THE GOOD NEWS IS IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE THEM OUT PERMANETLY THEY HAVE TO BE REMOVED TO INSTALL THE GENUINE WIRING HARNESS FOR A CARAVAN / TRAILER. I ASKED THE SERVICE DEPT. NOT TO PUT THEM BACK IN. COSTS ABOUT $300 TO HAVE WIRING DONE ON THE 200 BUT APPARENTLY ESSENTIAL TO USE GENUINE ONE AS THE COMPUTERS ARE VERY SENSITIVE TO EXCESSIVE WATTAGE LOADS.

REGARDS TONY

A dealer can remove the seats and reclassify the car as a 5 seater for insurance etc.

Edited by Rastus

Hi Towering, I have just joined the forum so you may already have the answer but the dealer told me they can remove the seats but the car then has to be reclassified as a 5 seater for insurance etc. Hope this helps. Rastus

• 2 months later...
Pull off the 2 plastic covers (don't twist or bend, just pull off), then unbolt the 4 bolts. Took mine off for space, just got to cover the mounting brackets with a bit of carpet. LOADS more space for camping gear.

Its much more fun to order the car with no seats other then the front two. I have fitted the back out with custom black widow draw set. I carry alot of sesitive equipment onto a lot of different mine sites through out qld.