Marangoni Tyres Info/feedback

mick0082

Hi Guys,

I might just start by saying I have used the search function (with wildcard) and cannot find a single reference to this brand. Whether or not I have spelt the word correctly is another issue altogether.

As i'm about due for tyres (225/35/18) I've been doing quite abit of ringing around and researching for a new set of hoops.

It seems now the specified size is rarer than when I brought the last set.

One retailer really heavily recommended Marangoni's ($240 a corner), which at that point I had never heard of before.

From what i've been able to find out so far, is that they are an Italian made high performance tyre and more commonly available here in 18-20inch sizes at 235 and up widths (common with Falcon and Commodore and other large car fitments)

Only info i've been able to find from here in Oz is on the LS1 forums and so far feedback is positive.

What I'd like to know is if anyone at all has a set of these or know of anyone that has them, i'd be really interested to hear any feedback anyone has.

They seemed to win the MOTOR tyre of the year award, although i don't know how, if you look at all the overall marks it should have placed in the middle of the pack. Personally i cant fault the new Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin's.

They seemed to win the MOTOR tyre of the year award, although i don't know how, if you look at all the overall marks it should have placed in the middle of the pack. Personally i cant fault the new Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin's.

I'm happy with my Adrenalines too. But he is after a tyre in an 18" so the Adrenalines will be far from cheap, thats the side effect of getting big wheels.

• 1 year later...

Put a set on my 'Rolla Sportivo late March and then did a tour of N.E Victoria, up and down the mountains etc.

The tyres were magnificent.

Quieter than the O.E Bridgestone's and handling on the tight and twisty mountain roads, in both wet and dry, was superb.

So today I popped a set of 205x55/16's onto my daughters Suby Impressa.

My 1st impressions of the fitting to the Suby, on the drive home only mind you,was that they will be as good on that car as I found them on the 'Rolla.