• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

;) Thanks for your support.

STarletto's FTW! .

Will be planning a road trip to Syndey on Tuesday for work. She needs a good run in.

Need the following:

-Phone for music

-scarf for heating

-Chamos for wiping fog

-Tools, just in case *fingers crossed i don't need them*

Thanks bonbon. I budgeted 3K and kept went over (3.2). So all in all it was OK. We had a plan of the weekend as well, but that went over by 4 nights (12 Hours)

Any more updates yet???

Love your work.

Thanks mate.

I drove her to Sydney yesterday to attend a work meeting. SO many police on the road!!

Downers: :blink:

Such a drainer driving with no heater or radio - lucky I brought my ear phones for the mobile. 1gig of random music FTW!

The tires have made the speedo go out of wack. I.e. 120 km's on the speedo = 110km . Verified via the Navman. I probably shouldn't of purchased these tires due to the massive profile and width - 215 x 60 x 15, however I got in contact with the guy in FEB and didn't purchase them until MAY. SO i felt obliged to (Can't be jack these days.)

U Turns with 215 tires = Game over. 3 point turns FTL :whistling: More like 6 point turns.

A major downer is that I have ANOTHER FRIKKIN" STONE CHIP on the windscreen. T___T I will definately get the whole thing replaced next month or something. CBF doing it at the moment. Maybe more wind screen chips will happen? Of all the convoy's of cars overtaking the truck (Carrying some random stuff) THE BOX had to be the one to cop it? :angry:

Another downer is that the TMIC under the bonnet really shows it's lack of cold air when you approach a major up hill. I can feel the engine slowly lose power as the hills get steeper. :angry: But I guess it is expected. No air = no power for turbo.

Uppers: :toast:

Economy wise, I got back 7.8L per 100kms!! What a laugh! An econo beast FTW!

Future (Weekend mods)

- knowing how much fuel would be nice

- Paint roof black (Already sanded down the roof)

- hope to get subaru engine cover

- NASCAR mod to subaru cover?

- would be nice to get heating - demister optional.

Edited by RME1

Jules is officially the forum mad dog! I love your work!

:toast: Maybe i should join the Newcastle trend and get one of those massive rear stickers....

'MAD DOG' on the rear hatch would be an awesome picture :spiteful:

Thanks for the comments CAP.

Comments on the Tires.

I was at the shopping center tonight. What a pain it is now to park. Won't ever go 215 wide again :(

Bonus news! THe Subaru Engine cover has been delivered!! WOOT WOOT!

Fuel comment: I've been watching the news and there seems to be a bit of a ker-fuffle about fuel oil supplies over the arctic....maybe it was a bad time to go Turbo :whistling: .... <_< could always strap on a solar panel.... :ph34r: ....or a frikkin' Sail. :idea:

The Weekend weather has turned out quite good...

The Exhaust.

2.5" All the way, with a 'mandrel bent' 2.5 inch tip

2926623_76_full.jpg

Here is what it looks like in the 'sock' test:

2926623_79_full.jpg

2926623_77_full.jpg

THe Subaru cover fits over the TMIC! ...unfortunately, the bonnet doesn't allow the gap, and there isn't enough length for the DIY ducting... T_T. OH well, I'm sure we can use it for something later on...

IT seems we'll bush mechanic an RX7 FC TMIC into a FMIC!

2926623_78_full.jpg

THe Nascar mod in comparison with the LIP and White mirrors.

Today I painted the roof black. Looks much more ninja. Because the car is already dark blue, it's a bit difficult to gauge how it looks? ...it was sort of a bit wet as well :rolleyes:

2926623_80_full.jpg

Edited by RME1

Returned 8.8L / 100km :D Got 320km off a tank using ninja sensing fuel gauge skills. In theory, the Box can make just shy of 400km. If the throttle cable is adjusted, I think we can make that figure quite easily.

It is too cold at the moment to do any garage orientated stuff (or I'm too lazy) - so the box is idling at a highish 1.3 rpm. T_T . At least it sounds better with an exhaust on as opposed to rally car non exhaust.

Fuel was $1.70. Ouch.

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from the mines. Averaged 7.6 and 7.8 L/100km !

The lack of wheel alignment after coilovers has shed it's nasty head. The front tires are being eaten away by both the harsh roads of the mines :(

Terrible conditions driving back home - the rain, the grease and everything else terrible that the road has to offer made driving terrible. Must change tires. ASAP.

The Car runs out of guts at 5k rpm. - THe lack of air to the TMIC is still quite obvious. That Nascar mod should help out.

Furthermore, later on in July there is a high possiblility of track testing! :D Oran Park FTW!

Also, spray painted the roof and the side mirrors. Looking ninja !

2926623_83_full.jpg

ANother note. IF you google image 'Ninja Spec' THe Box comes up on the first two pictures :D

Edited by RME1

Bahaha Why didn't you tell me that BEFORE!!

Tires are definately worn out. Rain + Bad tires + freeway = aqua plane. Scary stuff. lucky it was uneventful and traffic was terrible.

Bridgestone Adrenalines seem to be the answer @ $124 a pop. Seems to be an alright tire for maybe a track day? :P *no I'm not buying semi slicks.

Bridgestone Adrenalines seem to be the answer @ $124 a pop. Seems to be an alright tire for maybe a track day? :P *no I'm not buying semi slicks.

Just make sure you have enough camber, as they don't like too much positive. C.Drives on the other hand aren't as badly affected by positive camber change as the Adrenalines are.

hhaha yer it looks heaps better cuz

much more unoticable and ninja like.

now spray those rims black :) haha

Thank you hard studying alcohol selling cuz. I'm actually thinking about going back to the super multi-spoke rims. They remind me back to the sportivo days :rolleyes: - then there is a possibility of keeping these bum rims and putting semi slicks on them :P

Well, your "little" cousin is going up north for a bit to stay with me, so I'll be sure to teach her the ways of the ninja.

Where are the pictures of your car and the body kit + the super cannon + the super sub fully sick u-leh + burn out rims yo?

Love the story and the plates, keep it up.

Forget the cannon. Keep it sleeper, just add hubcaps :)

THanks Sik - I think the sleeper spec will be greatly increased when the semi slicks + bum rims come into fruition. :D As for the plates, any one can have them...they are MS Paint spec :P

But in the mean time...

...there was a little bit of tire wear on the front passenger side and compared with a track day tire that has also travelled over three states...

50% more power at the wheels + Coilovers + Driving to Mines = ...

2926623_84_full.jpg

*Shakes head in shame* Should of gotten a wheel alignment ages ago...

With the changing of the wheels, it should give me enough grace until the weekend to arrange some new tires and a much needed wheel alignment.

So then...I had to change the wheels...:roll:

2926623_85_full.jpg

No longer ninja spec. :(

Edited by RME1

• 4 weeks later...

New tires on, and old school CSA rims back on.

Looks like a ninja once more.

Been tossing up what type of air scoops to increase the TMIC efficiency. Here is a thought.

Evo air box vent (each) = $50

Celica GT4 vent = $150

2926623_86_full.jpg

My initial thoughts were:

1. Get the GT4 vent, because after seeing one of these on a red Stivo - it looked ultimate. But then i wasn't quite ninja.

2. Get the Evo air box vents x 2 and mount them in the middle of the bonnet - frontish so it gets air front on....but then it would look like a mini monaro bonnet

3. Get one EVO air box vent, mount to the driver side (right) away from battery housing and then muck around with the bonnet itself to vent hot air out like this: ...

wild3eh5.jpg

Sorry for big picture...

Here is the link of how they did it:

Vented Hood Mod DIY

Are any Corolla owners game? :P

Edited by RME1

If the rain goes into the intercooler...then i doesn't really matter - front mounts cop it all the time.

I think what is important is the placment of the air ducts? I'm even tempted to cut out two little holes right on top of the TMIC - There are structural beams that support the bonnet, so only going to cut the skin. That way it is still structurally sound. Just finding the right tools - Can't really bush mechanic this one I don't think....

First round of trouble: The EVO ducts only seem to be on the left hand side (Passenger). :( .

have a look around carmate

narh i meant for us, if we use a hole in the bonnet as the intake path, hydrolock for sure when it rains

you can try a slit just above the intercooler and something that feeds air in front of it, then air would pass through the cooler better

only thing that kinda scares me is that you remove the heat shielding, in my last car, i removed it cause it was cooking on the manifold, ended up fading the paint directly above the it, even when it poured, that spot on the bonnet would stay dry...