Care care kit

Kruzenvax

Could anybody please siggest the car care kit - e.g. car wash, glass cleaner, interior, etc? Suggesting the brand as well? What do I need apart from the hose, busket and sponge? I used to wash my car in car wash cafes... But with rupours water restrictions will be softened I might end up washing my Kluger muyself.

Thanks

I highly recommend the Meguiars products; http://www.meguiars.com.au/ Many car fanatics use this brand.

The NXT car wash and accompanying NXT Wax are the way to go; http://www.meguiars.com.au/productdetail_2...tect&show=1

THe NXT wax is good in that its a polish and wax in one, you wash the car, then apply this stuff in the direction of the car. Then go back to where you started and towel off the haze.

Generally, you only need do it at the change of each season, and should only take about an hour to do so. I bought a Mazda brand new a few years ago, and after putting the NXT wax on, the car paint looked even better if thats possible. The car was shiny enough being new, but the NXT made the paint look kind of wet all the time. (deeper colour or something)

The other thing you want is the Quick Detailer, its a lubricated cleaner that you can use to wipe off bird poop, bug splats etc, without having to wash your car. You just squirt some on, and use a cloth to wipe off. Really handy for removing spots between washes.

Other than that, get a bucket, a mit and a chamios to wipe the water off. Also get a few of the microfibre towels. THese can be used with both the NXT wax and the Quick Detailer. (not at the same time!)

Oh, and this sounds a bit like an ad - I dont work for Meguiars. :)

Edited by Scott_C

Thanks Scott,

I'd like to leave the issue of waxing for now - apologies if it sounds rood; what I mean I'd like to complete the washing discussion 1st.

So I need:

- Meguiars NXT car wash

- Meguiars Quick Detailer

- bucket, sponge (for the wash) and chamois for wiping the water

- microfibre towels to use with Quick Detailer.

Would you mind if I ask you - what's the best way to clean the glass - from inside especially (fingers!!!!!!)

Thanks

Alex

I highly recommend the Meguiars products; http://www.meguiars.com.au/ Many car fanatics use this brand.

The NXT car wash and accompanying NXT Wax are the way to go; http://www.meguiars.com.au/productdetail_2...tect&show=1

THe NXT wax is good in that its a polish and wax in one, you wash the car, then apply this stuff in the direction of the car. Then go back to where you started and towel off the haze.

Generally, you only need do it at the change of each season, and should only take about an hour to do so. I bought a Mazda brand new a few years ago, and after putting the NXT wax on, the car paint looked even better if thats possible. The car was shiny enough being new, but the NXT made the paint look kind of wet all the time. (deeper colour or something)

The other thing you want is the Quick Detailer, its a lubricated cleaner that you can use to wipe off bird poop, bug splats etc, without having to wash your car. You just squirt some on, and use a cloth to wipe off. Really handy for removing spots between washes.

Other than that, get a bucket, a mit and a chamios to wipe the water off. Also get a few of the microfibre towels. THese can be used with both the NXT wax and the Quick Detailer. (not at the same time!)

Oh, and this sounds a bit like an ad - I dont work for Meguiars. :)

Agreed. I use Meguiars as well.

Due to the local water restrictions, I take the car to the local car wash and go into one of the bays. I put a couple of dollars in and use the high pressure "Soap" hose. I then rinse it with the high pressure rinser and finish it with a spot free rinse.

I'll take the chamois to it and dry it there. Then I drive home and remove any other little spots with the Meguiars Qick Detailer before finish it off with Meguiars Wet Look Wax.

Whhel cleaner - also from Meguiars?

Always wondering why people black tires - e.g. this is just for good looking, right?

Thanks

You also want a cleaner for your wheels and some tire black.

I have never used tyre black, and don't think I ever will. I have had to complain to Toyota's service department when they have used it on my cars.

I have always used a rubber protectant. At the moment I am using Meguires Natural shine - Vinyl and rubber protectant. 1 coat will give the tyres a semi-gloss look, 2 will make them a bit shiny for my liking. It does make the tyres nice and black and you don't get black paint washing off on your mit when washing the car.

Mikey, thats the stuff i use too. (sorry I shouldve been clearer) Its a clear liquid made by Meguiars.

Man, i dont miss the days of painting tyres with a brush of black goop. :)

Edited by Scott_C