Will a 4.0L Lexus V8 fit into an RA60?

StealthAu

Hey people, I am new to this site. A few years ago I owned an RA60 coupe and as of late have been thinking of buying on for a project. Info I am looking for is (as the title says) will a lexus V8 fit in the engine bay of one? Has it been done before? If the answer to these questions is unknown, can someone advise the dimensions of the engine bay of these models.

Thanks,

StealthAu.

Hey people, I am new to this site. A few years ago I owned an RA60 coupe and as of late have been thinking of buying on for a project. Info I am looking for is (as the title says) will a lexus V8 fit in the engine bay of one? Has it been done before? If the answer to these questions is unknown, can someone advise the dimensions of the engine bay of these models.

Thanks,

StealthAu.

It can be done. It has been done. Better suited to earlier celica models as the 1UZ-FE has a lower slung sump and the front cross member tends to get in the way. You will also need to put a new rack and pinion in it (Smaller) as the engine will take up more room (I think something from an AE92 has been tried before.

It can be done. It has been done. Better suited to earlier celica models as the 1UZ-FE has a lower slung sump and the front cross member tends to get in the way. You will also need to put a new rack and pinion in it (Smaller) as the engine will take up more room (I think something from an AE92 has been tried before.

Thanks for the info. So what model would something like this be more suited to?

Thanks for the info. So what model would something like this be more suited to?

TA22 and then the newer RA23 are your best bets. RA60 is still a good car to mod, maybe with a 1J or 2J though (higher sump). I must admit though with the price of 1UZFE's at the moment ($1000-$1500) they are a pretty tempting choice of engine + on 20kg heavier than a 4age due to the all alloy block.

TA22 and then the newer RA23 are your best bets. RA60 is still a good car to mod, maybe with a 1J or 2J though (higher sump). I must admit though with the price of 1UZFE's at the moment ($1000-$1500) they are a pretty tempting choice of engine + on 20kg heavier than a 4age due to the all alloy block.

The 1UZFE's are great value, around $1000 including accessories. A mate has an XB coupe with one of these powering it and it hammers, hence why I want to drop one into a car that weighs half as much. Just have to keep looking till I find an RA60 coupe (not a fan of the hatchs) at the right price and go from there.

i got a mate thats done bout 3 or 4 of them 4 acouple of people cant tell u exactly which models but it can be done for sure ya best bet is to go onto the castlemaine rod shop website they'll give conversion parts 4 a range of celica models currently im putting one into a dualcab 4x4 hilux and have seen them in 2x4 hilux as well. Also go on the website www.lextreme.com they are pretty sure an nz based forum but there is endless conversions on there of the 1uz-fe and they helped me out in a million ways with mine