Bye Bye Sportivo

Sorry to say guys but I'm getting rid of my Sportivo. There have been so many problems with my car thatI've had enough. The other day my car just wouldn;t start. It felt like the immobilizer is still on even though I've checked everything, disconnected battery for a few minutes. Checked fuses etc. I had to get it towed to Toyota which cost me $77. and when it got there the technician jumped in and started the car. I was like WTF! I had it towed there for nothing. They checked the car and said there was nothing wrong with it. I couldn;t understand why it happened.

I'm happy to say that I have signed the dotted line for a Honda Accord Euro Luxury. :D

I'm not sure when it's arriving hopefully in January for the 05 compliant.

Bit pricey but I'm sure it won't have any problems like the Stivo.

I'll be sticking around still to see how u guys go with ur cars. I'll always be a Corrolla Boy!. :lol:

Welcome to the Accord Club mate I get mine early January... did u get any options other than the body kit.

I have reversing sensors, Tint, Mats, Body Kit, MP3 player and in Blue. I already have the CAI ready for it and the Mugen Grille is on its way from the US... :P. I will take a rest from modding after this have to save to Mod I mean upgrade my house to another suburb so money will become tight... :(

I'm not sure when I'll be getting the car as I'm going through a wholeseller. I just made the deal yesterday and he will be finding out if there is a black one available in sydney. If not then I'll have to wait til one is. It could be next year. But it is definitely a 05 compliant. I hope that comes with 17 inch wheels and mp3 player. i asked Honda if they know the specs for 05 and they did not know.

I'm only getting mats and body kit. The tints i will do myself as I don;t like the factory tint. It's not dark enough. :P

Congrats on the new accord, sorry on the Sportivo!

But you have to do what you feel is right for you. Although mine has been gone for a month and I do really enjoy the new car I still look back on the Stivo and remember the amount of good drives I had with it.

When I look back i remember all the problems I had with her. :lol:

But i really do love the Sportivo. It was like love at first sight when I first laid eyes on her. I actually bought the car without testing her. Once I signed the paperwork I then asked for a test drive. That's how much I loved her. But as time goes by my love for her slowly declined. With all the Sh!t she's been giving me I cannot tolerate her anymore. It's time to sign the divorce papers. :(

But it's all good. I found a new partner in my life and I know she'll treat me better. :lol:

Maybe you want mine I have no issues with Gear Changes is Lowered has the rest of the body kit on it and C-One wings. Also has reversing sensors, Tinted windows, Tow Bar and the upgraded Tailights.. Has 32K on it but is in excellent condition. Asking price 24K oh by the way it is RED. anyone who is interesed ring me on 0408311888.

You can hardly go wrong with Honda, sorry to mention this on a Toyota forum guys but my family has a 03' Jazz and a 03' Accord Euro luxury and it has been more than a year for both cars and they have absolutely no issues.

I am still keeping my Stivo though and has promised myself to keep her till i can afford another Honda. Really tempted with the TypeS or a 2nd hand S2000 but i will have to sell more than my bum to pay it off :P

blackrolla, sorry to hear that u had so much problem with ur sportivo and selling it as well..

but ... at least u have a new accord euro to drive soon :) Good luck with it.

off topic guys, is the accord as fast as the sportivo ?

blackrolla, sorry to hear that u had so much problem with ur sportivo and selling it as well..

but ... at least u have a new accord euro to drive soon :) Good luck with it.

off topic guys, is the accord as fast as the sportivo ?

The Vic guys will find out won't they :P But the Accord Euros are quick no doubt especially the 6 speed manual, mid-high 7s 0-100 sprint. It revs pretty hard too and the mid range torque around 4000rpm is fantastic. Should be a good match with the Stivo.

Both stock I think would be one heck of a sprint. With 2 equal drivers I think it would be too close to call. Maybe the Stivo because of slightly less weight but it would have to have a good launch!!

Modded I beat a couple accords without too much sweat, in lift it was bye bye.

Anyone seen the Megane Sport yet. Saw one the other day and SH!T it was quick, the mid gear acceleration was impressive (jaw dropping) to say the least :o Ugly but very fast! Would have kicked my Stivo's butt :(

Both stock I think would be one heck of a sprint. With 2 equal drivers I think it would be too close to call. Maybe the Stivo because of slightly less weight but it would have to have a good launch!!

Anyone seen the Megane Sport yet. Saw one the other day and SH!T it was quick, the mid gear acceleration was impressive (jaw dropping) to say the least :o  Ugly but very fast! Would have kicked my Stivo's butt :(

That's turbocharged AWD isn't it? I saw one at the Motor show and yes its UGLY! But it has a big front mount intercooler stock. Hit it with bolt ons and it should be a real contender for the Evos and STIs.

Yup, too bad lift for the Accord Euro is only for 6000-7000rpm. It can't spin any faster because the stroke is too long. Evidence is that the peak power is at 6800rpm, very close to the redline itself. Quite a waste, otherwise it would get a heck of a power boost since more power can be made at high revs. Maybe someone will one day destroke it to a 2.2 litre with 8000rpm redline.