My New Presara

:rolleyes: Hi All. Just picked up up my Presara and I must say that I am very happy with its performance. There were a few blemishes in the intererior which I'm not happy with but after waiting quite a while to get a silver model with dark leather trim I wasn't in the mood to wait any longer to have fixed or what ever they would do, and after reading some of the posts on this site it seems that the price I paid was much better than the average. The toyota link option is great and the smart entry is a nifty little gismo. Hope every one else is as happy with their car as I am, mind you it's still very early days and I hope I am still this happy later in the piece. Edited by 08 Silver Presara

I am looking at getting exactly the same car but am concerned that the black interior will cause it to get very hot inside if the car is out in the sun. I don't intend to get tinted windows and anyhow I am sceptical about their effectiveness.

It is disappointing to hear about the internal blemishes. What sort of things were they?

How long did you have to wait for the care?

Are you prepared to say what you paid for it? I gather a Presara without any extras can be got for about $48,000 on the road.

I am looking at getting exactly the same car but am concerned that the black interior will cause it to get very hot inside if the car is out in the sun. I don't intend to get tinted windows and anyhow I am sceptical about their effectiveness.

It is disappointing to hear about the internal blemishes. What sort of things were they?

Are you prepared to say what you paid for it? I gather a Presara without any extras can be got for about $48,000 on the road.

I have a silver prodigy with black leather seats. It doesn't get too hot. I recommend that you get tinted windows and use the sun shade when parking. The car cools down pretty quickly anyway.

The interior will obviously get hot if you have the sun roof open, however I do no believe the black trim gets much hotter than the tan trim, well not significantly anyway. Any leather interior with sun beating down on it is bound to get hot. I do personally believe that the black trim is far more appealing and that the tinted windows do make the car look a lot better.

As for the internal blemishes. I have found strange marks on the passanger seat, almost as if it has faded already (I've had the car for less than a week). There is a mark on the ignition button (like a large scratch) and there is a ripple under the leather below the driver's side window. None of these are obviously major blemishes and you could say it just gives the car a bit of character. The most annoying is the marking on the passanger seat, I really have no idea what that is and will ask the dealership when I can get it back in.

I waited about 2 months for the car (could have got it immediatly if I took an 07 plated model)

I will send you a personal messae with the exact pricing but I will say that I got it under $48k with all extras and window tinting included.

My Presara is black with black leather interior. It does get v. hot if left in the sun on a very hot day, but that would be more because of the black exterior rather than the black interior. As pointed out, the car cools down very quickly though, the A/C is awesome on this car. I live in Melbourne, so very hot days are few and far between (when considering the whole year).

I bought my car late last year (hence 07 build), but I too got it for less than $48k and it included a somewhat big ticket item (tow bar) on top of minor things like floor mats. I think the retail price for Tow Bar is something like $1100. Obviously costs them a lot less than that.

Do dealers have monthly and quarterly sales targets ? Getting close to the end of such a period gives you the best bargaining advantage (at least what I found).

In terms of blemishes, I found some marks on the leather (mostly rear seat), but turned out to be grease which wiped away easily. The only problem I had that required fixing was that the rear passenger light console had some broken clips which I didn't notice when inspecting at pickup. It didn't quite sit right. Reported it at the 1,000 kms service (if you can call it "service") and they ordered me a new one from Japan which came 2-3 weeks later. Amazing that they didn't have such a part already in Aus.

Sorry, bit of a thread hijack here...

Both prodigy and presara are nice cars. I had quick tour of a presara a few weeks back, and am left with the question: "Why fork out the extra 10 grand for a presara over the prodigy?"

What major diffs are there?

Cheers guys...

Both prodigy and presara are nice cars. I had quick tour of a presara a few weeks back, and am left with the question: "Why fork out the extra 10 grand for a presara over the prodigy?"

Very good questions. To be honest, I didn't really look at the Prodigy, but no regrets here. As I understand the differences are:

- Moon Roof (a moderately pricy option)

- Illuminated Vanity Mirrors (who cares...)

- Rear passenger reading lights (who cares...)

- 17" wheels rather than 16" wheels (a few hundred dollars difference?)

- Michelin Tyres vs. other brand (a few hundred dollars difference?)

- Sat Nav is a dealer fitted cheaper unit around $1k rather than $4k Presara unit

- HID head lights (unsure of $ value)

- Active / Moving / Leveling headlights

- Keyless start (button rather than key)

- Bluetooth? (works extremely well)

- Rain Sensing Wipers (nice to have, I use it all the time)

- Rear Reversing Camera (nice to have...)

- Rear window louvre (nice to have...)

- Toyota Link (3 year subscription) and its satellite phone/link

- Obviously a different radio/CD player (Presara is through the GPS unit)

- not sure what else...

If you were to add the individual prices of each of these, I'm sure that it would exceed $10k, but only worth it if you want these options and are prepared to pay $10k for them.

Very good questions. To be honest, I didn't really look at the Prodigy, but no regrets here. As I understand the differences are:

- Sat Nav is a dealer fitted cheaper unit around $1k rather than $4k Presara unit

- not sure what else...

If you were to add the individual prices of each of these, I'm sure that it would exceed $10k, but only worth it if you want these options and are prepared to pay $10k for them.

Well said Riftime. I actually didn't look at the prodigy either. Strange that. However I too have no regrets and agree that the extra features are well worth the extra spend. It's nice to have a vehicle that has the little comfort features that the others dont. Mind you, I'm sure there are people who would disagree, It all depends on your budget. There is no doubt that the Presara is jamed packed with features and as riftime said it would cost a lot more than 50 odd K if it had any other badge.

Edited by 08 Silver Presara

- not sure what else...

Well said Riftime. I actually didn't look at the prodigy either. Strange that. However I too have no regrets and agree that the extra features are well worth the extra spend. It's nice to have a vehicle that has the little comfort features that the others dont. Mind you, I'm sure there are people who would disagree, It all depends on your budget. There is no doubt that the Presara is jamed packed with features and as riftime said it would cost a lot more than 50 odd K if it had any other badge.

Totally agree, if you were desparate enough to option up a Ford or Commadore to the same level imagine what it would cost.

I suppose they don't do that because all they would end up with would be a high spec car still with endemic quality control and reliability issues.

Regards

Quark