6110 Navigator

Rolla_Boy

Hey people, Just wanted to know if anyone else here has this phone or has heard from family/friends that this phone is buggy. It freezes, runs slow and you get a wind noise so bad that the person talkng to you cant hear (like having your window down while in the car). My friend also has the problems and wnated to know if anyone else has the problems to.

Funny, my mate works at Allphones and was claiming the other day that these run quicker than other Nokias he's used, even a later model one he got less than 6 months ago.

I have a 6110 navigator and I agree. lots of bugs, everytime I try and do something it freezes up and says close some apps cos there isnt enough memory, and there are none open. Occasionally the background and such just gets lost and reverts to the standard background. Also, a lot of my calls seem to get disconnected because I have a "connection error", but this could be the network. I'm with optus.

The GPS works pretty well though, just not in the centre of Sydney

... it freezes up and says close some apps cos there isnt enough memory...

I'm no phone guru, but this could be easily solved by giving it some more memory. Buy a gb or 2 of SD memory to stick into the phone for approx 20-40 bucks...

Edited by Leroy

ive had a 6110 for less than 3 months, ive only experienced 1 odd occasion where my phones speakers malfunctioned somehow... ringtone turned out to be what sounded like it was much louder than the highest volume allowed, and i was unable to change it until it dissapeared.

plus its a bit heavier than id like, but other than that its a great phone!

i compared mine to my cousins over a month ago and there were a few differences between mine and his (he got his when they first came out) and we are both with optus.. but yea might be software upgrades in mine possibly?

I had the same problem with the ringtones going high pitched. it gave me the ****s big time. stupid phone, then it just fixed itself!!

And Leroy, it already comes with a memory card, but thats physical memory, not RAM as whats probably needed...??

I had the same problem with the ringtones going high pitched. it gave me the ****s big time. stupid phone, then it just fixed itself!!

And Leroy, it already comes with a memory card, but thats physical memory, not RAM as whats probably needed...??

did u know the gps uses half of the original memory card?

Yeah, but there's still a fair bit left. It shouldnt just pause and die occasionally

it first happened when i got home after work and i checked the settings which i noticed were unchanged. i left it alone and the next day @ starbucks ive got 1 arm around my baby girl and her bottle (which i ended up holding upside down which caused it to drip milk out its nipple) and in my other hand on my tall double choc frappacino, while my phone which was in my bumbag was SCREAMING as someone is trying 2 call me.

happy times.

Yeah, but there's still a fair bit left. It shouldnt just pause and die occasionally

try n do a software upgrade, wat company is it with?

i updated it from the site then i received all these errors and the phone would not switch on, nokiacare repaired it by replacing a few things including the speaker. Working fine so far, dont take it to and optus shop take it to nokiacare

Temp files, Micky! Temp files!!!

With any memory, one needs room for 'swappage'.

But you are probably right, I doubt this would be the sole cause of your woes.

ive had a 6110 for less than 3 months, ive only experienced 1 odd occasion where my phones speakers malfunctioned somehow... ringtone turned out to be what sounded like it was much louder than the highest volume allowed, and i was unable to change it until it dissapeared.

plus its a bit heavier than id like, but other than that its a great phone!

i compared mine to my cousins over a month ago and there were a few differences between mine and his (he got his when they first came out) and we are both with optus.. but yea might be software upgrades in mine possibly?

my brother has this phone and i will soon get this phone too because of gps capability.

what he did to fix the loud speaker ring is just take the battery out and put it back in.

he's done it twice and both times it worked.

dont know what the real cause of this is tho but give it a shot next time it rings very loud