Any Ride Height Sugestions??

Hi guys, didnt know whether to put this post here or under suspension seeing as it relates to the sportivo. If i did wrong, my apologies.

Anyway, got 04 corolla sportivo. its running on 17inch rims with 45 profile. really dont know how low to drop it, i want a firmer, more sticky ride (not to the point that im driving a rock.lol) without having to go over speed humps a 1-2kph hr sideways.lol i just really want it to look neat but still slick at the same time. :huh:

question is,

-how low a drop do most of u corolla owners go and the wall height of your rubber.

-if i do drop it and then i change my tyre profile to 40 will the rims/tyre look too small and the (then lowered) ride height leave too much of a gap between the tyre and wheel arch?

-

Please if you could, post up some pics with how low you dropped ur car and your tyre profile.

Thanks guys, must appreciated

Mine probably equates to a 65mm drop and I only scrub when I go over a biggish bump (not often) or when I'm flooring it around a corner (sometimes).

215/40 profile

I could be playing with the height on mine still. popping the rear down 1/2 an inch an raising the front a couple of turns. It's fine though to be honest.

ive got stock stivo rims still and just dropped mine 35 mm ?(king low) with standard shocks.....for me i feel this is enough for now until i was to do something like coilovers at some point......remember dont just think of your tyres scrubbing....think of reality as you mentioned.....you dont want to have slow to 2kmh to go over speed bumps and also think of your surroundings......i live in melb......hence fairly **** roads......heaps of pot holes around and friggin tram tracks etc.....plus driveways.......even with only 35mm drop i can slightly scrape going into underground carpark at work.....and pulling into driveway at home i can only fit 1-2 fingers between skirts and concrete.....so really depends how keen you are for a really low look etc......even with just king lows my car feels alot better (cornering and less roll etc) with addition of struts and sways would be nice....money permitting.. :)............all these times ive mentioned scrubbing it has just been me in the car also (78kg) so add gf and mates etc and diff story again.

i believe even with just the 35mm drop it makes it look heaps better......guy i bought my exhaust off has king superlows in an 03 stivo with stock rims and his annoys him for scrapes etc.....once again a melb boy

* if i lived in canberra i wouldnt think twice about lowering 50+mm as your roads are like smooth lindht chocolate..expensive to procude but ohh so much smoother

Ah the Ghetto Low days with the Hamster, such a memory to remember, it must've sit 3 to 4 inch lower than standard during those days.

Melbourne road is not bad if you ask me, but some road can be rough. I think for some, 50mm would've been the best drop.

I love living in Perth :)

Mind you anywhere south of the Dixon line (Dixon road in Rockingham - call it the dotted Dixon line at work), north of Clarkeson or east of midland/kalamunda is a different story...

King lows should be enough of a drop for you, alot more practicle and has the "sex" look about it. I'm going to get kings/konis for my car so just waiting to pay off my debt from the rims :) Oh BTW if you plan on getting new struts anytime in the future you may aswell wait and do kings/struts in one hit.

Oh BTW if you plan on getting new struts anytime in the future you may aswell wait and do kings/struts in one hit.

i guess u can put in the fronts 1st by all means but the rear is best done while u do ur springs :P easier!

Once again thanks guys,

Looks like ill end up get the 35mm drop seeing as i do canterbury rd and king georges everyday ( so many bloody holes) and seeing as if im not careful the front lip scrapes my driveway already.lol

Is the strut bar really neccessary straight away, or will i notice a fair bit of difference from kings to the original springs? Also one of the places i got a quote from said that i dont realy need to change my shocks just yet cause the cars fairly new still. 04, 72,000ks Any thoughts?

Thanks guys :D

p.s if i drop it 35mm, is that at the front, and make the back slightly higher? (30mm) i got 2 subs n 2 amps going in the back if that makes any difference to weight!

Edited by CME-LFT

Make sure it's 35mm that you want. I was initially happy with it, but it grew old very quickly.

To quote a Canberra member:

"He needs to lower it more." - Jen

"He did lower it." - micky_tee

"LOL" - Jen