Need advice - new rims or lower the car or both??

get your rim's first then lower it cos i have a few friends who lowered it first n then got rim's and it might be too low or not low enough get me ? LOL

but yeah =) get buddyclubs HAHAHA

You're only going to have issues there if you have coilovers, and you've wound them down to ghetto low (being, it's 70 - 90mm from the ground. Illegal height).

16's, 17's, 18's will all go on fine with a 50mm drop, provided you have the correct sized tyres.

205/50 for 16's

215/40 or 205/45 for 17's

215/35 or 225/35 for 18's

I'd be lowering it first still. The stock ride height Toyota had on the Sportivo's was embarrassing to say the least. Who knows what they were thinking.

lols derno i guess its up to the person

check out vhao's stivo lols its too dam low that it covers abit of the tyre

and yeah his on d2 coilovers i think it was lols

i want to get new rims and coilovers..... so which would i do first?!?!?!

Coilovers. To be honest though, if you hate bumps, you'll hate them even more. I like my ride stiff and firm. That's just me. To anyone else coilovers are considered overkill for them.

oh great!! well my car needs new shocks n i wanna go lower therefor new springs.....so i thort coilovers were appropriate?....hmmmverdict?

Well you just get 50mm king super lows or 65mm lovells super lows (which are rather low) to go with the new shocks?

Coilovers replace the entire suspension housing and setup on the car. You're essentially riding around on 4 poles that can be adjusted via ride height, damper, camber etc. You'd be looking at $1400 odd for D2's or G4's, $1900 odd for something more finished like Cusco.

I can get Koni adjustables with kings super lows for the price of cheap coilovers(about $1200-1300.) Great ride with nice lowered stance and adjustable if you want to.

You can ride on 17's with super lows so long as your rims have the right offset. If your offest is wrong then they'll touch big time.

yup.. i recently have had 17's with superlow springs with stock shocks... no scrubing what so ever.. so i know i got the right offset with the rims :)

i want to get new rims and coilovers..... so which would i do first?!?!?!

Coilovers. To be honest though, if you hate bumps, you'll hate them even more. I like my ride stiff and firm. That's just me. To anyone else coilovers are considered overkill for them.

Yeah, if you haven't been in a car without coilovers yet, i suggest you do so before you buy coilovers...

I'm with Rob here.. i love the bounce bounce bouncing along in the car... and with sydney roads, you'll be bumping along the road quite alot...