corolla pistons i think?

well it started of when i was driving and a huge puff of smoke came from my exhaust. I was told that i over filled my motor with oil :blink: so we think it might be a piston ring. the story goes when i turn the motor on i can hear a faint rattle/tapping and there is small amount of smoke from the ehxaust when reved at hign rpm. what do u think it is?

Definately sounds like oil is getting into your mota some how and a piston ring is a good candidate for oil getting in somehow. So I'd agree for now but wait to see what the likes of SuperDave has to say about your issue :P

Ok, drained the excess oil out of the sump... Turned it on and saw no smoke so there might have been to much pressure in the engine so thats maybe why it spat the oil up. also its not tapping anymore but keeping an ear out...

If you overfill the sump then it is possible for oil to get so churned up by the crank that it can get spat out the PCV valve into your intake, which would cause the smoke.

That's right it fills the air cleaner with oil and then it sucks it into the engine so you end up with a 2 stroke type mix hence the smoke LOL. It also will foul up the plugs too so might be worth giving them a clean and regap. How much oil did you drain out of it by the way???