kluger kxr merlot red

sunshine state

Just got my new 2008 kluger kxr 2WD three days ago, very happy with its powerful and smooth V6 engine and comfortable drive.

However, the merlot red color doesn't look like what i expected.

the dealer don't have a red demo car to show us when I went for test drive, instead he show me another car and said it is very simlar color. But when i look at my new car, the red is bit darker(that it does't looks like metalic paint), i asked dearler, he said it is "mica metallic" and it doesn't have the metal flakes which make it shining.

Anyone has similar exprience on the paint color? could it possilbe that the car is actaully paint in non-metallic painting and the dealer doesn't knew it?

It will look different on different car. So we went out for a hunt of the white Kluger before we are confident having one. We even not satisfy the KX-R look. Grande looks different in white.

Having said that. Your red is metallic. Take it under the sun. Mica metallic has less silver (I think) but it will shine in different shade (not silver)

Just got my new 2008 kluger kxr 2WD three days ago, very happy with its powerful and smooth V6 engine and comfortable drive.

the dealer don't have a red demo car to show us when I went for test drive, instead he show me another car and said it is very simlar color. But when i look at my new car, the red is bit darker(that it does't looks like metalic paint), i asked dearler, he said it is "mica metallic" and it doesn't have the metal flakes which make it shining.

Anyone has similar exprience on the paint color? could it possilbe that the car is actaully paint in non-metallic painting and the dealer doesn't knew it?

I have a AWD Grande in Merlot Red, if you saw the red on a RAV4 it is lighter and has a more metallic appearance. However I am very happy with mine.

I have a AWD Grande in Merlot Red, if you saw the red on a RAV4 it is lighter and has a more metallic appearance. However I am very happy with mine.

Thanks.

Haven't really look at my new car under sun, it is claudy these days. :).

I assume that all kluger will use metallic paint althought it is claimed that metallic paint is optional, is that correct?

it is "optional" meaning they will charge you more. You cannot get the same colour without this "option", or a non-mica metallic red .... if you are worry about they forgot the "option" in your car. If they really did <_<, your car will worth heaps more since it will be one of a kind

Our Kluger colour is called Olive Mica Metallic. It doesnt look very metallic. But after reading up on this, Mica isnt like your typical metallic. Metallic is usually bright silvery flakes in the paint that really show up in the sun.

Mica is actually a natural pigment found in stone; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica

So I would say; yes it is metallic. But not your usual type of metallic if that makes sense.

it is "optional" meaning they will charge you more. You cannot get the same colour without this "option", or a non-mica metallic red .... if you are worry about they forgot the "option" in your car. If they really did <_<, your car will worth heaps more since it will be one of a kind

:blink:

Our Kluger colour is called Olive Mica Metallic. It doesnt look very metallic. But after reading up on this, Mica isnt like your typical metallic. Metallic is usually bright silvery flakes in the paint that really show up in the sun.

Mica is actually a natural pigment found in stone; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica

So I would say; yes it is metallic. But not your usual type of metallic if that makes sense.

thanks, that make lots of sense.

:blink:

It meant to be a joke.

It is a rip off to charge people more for a different colour really. It is another way that dealer makes money to me.... It hardly worth an extra $750 (or whatever that was) when the paint is widely available in the Toyota factory. I meant the cost of the metallic and non-metallic paint should be minimal since they make gallons of it.