Night Mountain Run

oh no, i overslept(just woke up)....damn it!

Bugger it, I did the same ... I sat down in front of the telly, I obviously nodded off, next thing I know its 3:30am! :blink:

On one hand, sorry I didn't get out ... on the other hand, probably best I fell asleep on my couch, rather than on the mountain!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys i am out!! Wife has rolled her ankle earlier tonight while i was out and have to tend to the whinges.

i was going to suggest a cruise to somewhere for a bite to eat and a chat so if those who meet up there's an option.

I have re scheduled the run for Friday 2nd may. Same times etc.

Dude, you know how well I know your wife, and I find it incredibly hard to believe that she whinges... hahahahahaha

4. Saw some upside down action (thats all i'll say for now :P)

Was it a Honda....???

Oh it was a great night!

First there were 4 of us... then there were 3... then there were 2...

Definately some upside down action!

But no, no it was not a Honda.

Thanks to the few guys that did show up.

Im looking forward to the next run. :yahoo:

I didnt finish work early enough so couldnt make it.

So there was only 4 people the turned up?

Yeah most people softed out, but I guess its fair enough seeing its been re-scheduled for 2nd May.

I just went up the Mountain then to suss out where the car flipped it.

No sign of... 'animals being hit'... still little bits and pieces of the car in the ditch.

I went along last nite.

I had never driven Mt. Nebo before, and OMG what a fun road to drive on.

I will be in for the next run :D

You guys better start talking more about the upside down action, or your all banned.....:P

Well...

In the end it was myself and DHC09 heading back up the mountain towards the look-out.

Got up there fine after pushing it pretty hard. When we were up there, we got out of our cars and we were chatting (I had my brother and a mate in the car with me as well). A minute or so later, we could hear more cars coming up the mountain, rather silly driving too, wheel spinning, loud cannons, uncalled for changing back of the gears. But sure enough these 2 cars stopped at the look-out in the other carpark.

The left a few minutes later, and another few more minutes we headed back down to Samford, on MT Glorious Rd.

A few hair pin turns, DHC09 in front, you gotta love those bends.

Then! When we came to the tightest point, we saw a car upside down on the other side of the road, in the ditch up against the wall.

We werent sure how long ago it happened and whether people were still inside or not.

Sure enough it was the same guys that had come up to the look-out with their cannon exhausts.

The guys were already out of the car, but both cars were damaged. They were talking about animals on the road, swerving and locking up.

But I think it might have been a bit more of irresponsible driving. Funny enough, I actually went to school with the guy who flipped the car, which happened to be his brand new '07 Lancer. Say no more?

We ended up following them back to Samford Village, which sorta ruined the rest of the run for us... But yeah...

I went up this morning and had a look at where he lost it. No dead animals, barely any skid marks, just a whole heap of debris from the Rancer in the ditch. That was pretty much what happened. Happy?

:rolleyes:

Yup, that was some action packed night.

Heres my reaction, going into that hairpin

1. Woo this is a tight one;

2. Wow theres a huge branch on the other side of the road;

3. WHOA DAMN!! an upside down Lancer in the ditch :o

4. Got out my flash light and getting ready to call the ambos

5. Amazed that the driver was walking up to my car to say everyone is fine :blink:

That bloke was pretty lucky to get out of that unhurt.

No skid marks eh? Looks like the furry-sic Lancer went kamikaze into the wall :ph34r:

We only joke about the a55 up Lancer here because everyone was okay, but remember theres no point being a hero or an idiot up there.

Nate: remember to bring a flash light next time, calling out into an empty car was funny tho :lol: :P

Azza: Don't be stereotypical :P He wasn't even a hardcore azn ricer boy :P :P

Edited by DHC09

Yup, that was some action packed night.

Heres my reaction, going into that hairpin

1. Woo this is a tight one;

2. Wow theres a huge branch on the other side of the road;

3. WHOA DAMN!! an upside down Lancer in the ditch :o

4. Got out my flash light and getting ready to call the ambos

5. Amazed that the driver was walking up to my car to say everyone is fine :blink:

That bloke was pretty lucky to get out of that unhurt.

No skid marks eh? Looks like the furry-sic Lancer went kamikaze into the wall :ph34r:

We only joke about the a55 up Lancer here because everyone was okay, but remember theres no point being a hero or an idiot up there.

Nate: remember to bring a flash light next time, calling out into an empty car was funny tho :lol: :P

Ha ha yes! The flash light is a good idea.

I thought to myself 'Oh f__k, I hope Im not asking a dead person if they're okay'...

So... who's up for the next Nebo Run?

[grumpy man rant]

*sigh* when will people learn that doing these night runs is dangerous!?

i'm not abusing you guys, but rather those idiots that crashed... you dont try those mountains AT NIGHT if you're not comfortable with your car and the road...

i'm sure all you guys are careful and mature when it comes to these roads..

i remember when i had my wrx when it was completely stock, i took it up there one night by myself (could have been a big mistake in hindsight!)... the first tight hairpin i just completely understeered towards the barrier... it was just lucky that i remembered someone telling me to back off the gas and the hit the gas again if you understeer in a awd car...

so i kinda four wheel drifted across the lanes and then got control of the car again...

if there was a car coming the other way, it would have been nasty...

let alone if a bike was coming the other way!! i'd prolly be in jail for manslaughter... :blink:

dont get me wrong... i LOVE doing night mountain runs... but i just hate those noobs that go up there thinking they're top **** and then crash their cars...

oh, and just a word of warning... i can guarantee you that there will be cops patrolling that area for a few weeks now... so if you go out there, watch yourself... :)

[/grumpy man rant]

Edited by SecaBoy

[grumpy man rant]

*sigh* when will people learn that doing these night runs is dangerous!?

i'm not abusing you guys, but rather those idiots that crashed... you dont try those mountains AT NIGHT if you're not comfortable with your car and the road...

i'm sure all you guys are careful and mature when it comes to these roads..

i remember when i had my wrx when it was completely stock, i took it up there one night by myself (could have been a big mistake in hindsight!)... the first tight hairpin i just completely understeered towards the barrier... it was just lucky that i remembered someone telling me to back off the gas and the hit the gas again if you understeer in a awd car...

so i kinda four wheel drifted across the lanes and then got control of the car again...

if there was a car coming the other way, it would have been nasty...

let alone if a bike was coming the other way!! i'd prolly be in jail for manslaughter... :blink:

dont get me wrong... i LOVE doing night mountain runs... but i just hate those noobs that go up there thinking they're top **** and then crash their cars...

oh, and just a word of warning... i can guarantee you that there will be cops patrolling that area for a few weeks now... so if you go out there, watch yourself... :)

[/grumpy man rant]

Wow, you must have needed some new pants after that occasion in the WRX.

I would like to say that we guys from the TOCAU are responsible and mature.

Taking it easy and making it to the end is a safer option, rather than pushing it harder to try and keep up, where the consequences of a bad decision are greater.

Cannot wait to see the TRD Aurion in action! :yahoo:

I would like to say that we guys from the TOCAU are responsible and mature.

Taking it easy and making it to the end is a safer option, rather than pushing it harder to try and keep up, where the consequences of a bad decision are greater.

Yup thats right.

When we go on cruises we usually have multiple stops along the way, so there's no pressure for ppl to keep up with the pack and just take it at their own pace.

thats great (and refreshing!) to hear!!!

the one thing i hate is when people try to make it into a race.. that usually always ends in tears.. :(

again, i just wanted to re-iterate that my comments above werent aimed at you guys, because i've never even met any of you, so i cant sit here and judge.. lol

well, actually, i might have met Azza YEARS ago back when ares speed was still around... but i might be mistaken on that one... :)

Not Stereotypical Dave, just history hahahahaha

well, actually, i might have met Azza YEARS ago back when ares speed was still around... but i might be mistaken on that one... :)

Possibly, I had a black 2000 Levin back then. I was mates with Andrew, the stereo guy....

ah ok... so it was you... i dont remember you... i just remembered the username.... lol

and pretty sure you had the same plates back then too...

andrew.......thats a name i havent heard in YEARS too...

Then! When we came to the tightest point, we saw a car upside down on the other side of the road, in the ditch up against the wall.

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!11!!!! NOT THE TOFU

It is unfortunate and there may very well have been animals on the road, hopefully they learnt to just hit the friggin' things, it is a lot easier to explain to insurance that way ;)

I wont be able to make it on the 2nd either cause going up to sunny coast that night.

But will be able to go on the Thurs night if you guys want to change it ;)

Leave a bit later and take a slight detour.....

Lucy will love it!!

I wont be able to make it on the 2nd either cause going up to sunny coast that night.

But will be able to go on the Thurs night if you guys want to change it ;)

Leave a bit later and take a slight detour.....

Lucy will love it!!

Who says im taking lucy? :P

But yeah won't be able to make it on the Fri, so have fun boys. Maybe i'll go by myself after the usual Thurs meet :P

Edited by DHC09