Hissing Audio Noise

jacko16

I have a 2007 Aurion Peseara and even when im not using the audio system there ishissing noise coming from all four speakers. Has anyone come across this problem?

I have a 2007 Aurion Peseara and even when im not using the audio system there ishissing noise coming from all four speakers. Has anyone come across this problem?

Even when the audio system is off ??? That's weird . . . might be a short circuit somewhere in the car and shorting to the audio unit ???

If there was a short in the head unit then there will be no sound at all from the unit. The unit works ok.

I say this is normal in this model as it has the GPS unit.

If any one has Peseara and can test this for me, thanks.

With eng on and audio system off there is a hissing noise from all 4 spekers.

If there was a short in the head unit then there will be no sound at all from the unit. The unit works ok.

Just double checked mine and there is no hiss from the speakers.

Cheers

probably a dry join, wiggle the speaker wires at either end to hear if there is any change in buzz tone. Also check the grounding of your electrical system, you probably better off takin it back to a service centre.

i'm currently waiting to take delivery on my TRD... but in the meantime, toyota have given me an aurion prodigy (no sat nav) to drive around in until its ready..

i thought it was just me when i heard a hissing sound from the speakers with the stereo off... but it looks like you've got the same issue...

although, i'm not sure if its related to the speakers, because i havent actually put my ear against the speaker...

but its definitely a hissing sound when the stereo is off....

i hope to hell my trd doesnt have this issue!!! :(

Thanks for that, i have the same problem. This noise is very low and i say this is normal.

All the best with your TRD, that is a very good car.

Edited by jacko16

This hissing noise is very faint, you have to put your ear to the speakers to hear this. It souns like there is a amplifer is connected.

I also tested this in my brothers car (ZR6) and its not there. I am a camera tech and have checked every thing, its from the head unit.

If any one has car with toyota gps unit can test this for me.

Thanks

Edited by jacko16

• 2 weeks later...

Today i tried to test this nois on a new pesara, the noise is there. Same as the noise in my car.

Dos any one noticed this noise, you have to be very close to the speakers.

Thanks

This information might help:

My SX6 doesnot come with the built in navigation, so i changed the HU to alpine and with Blaupunkt Built in Navi. I am very careful with my soundsystem and not a single tiny winnie engine sound or weird sound is allowed. But when the navi is installed, i had the hissing noise from all speakers too.

It took Audiofx quite a lot of trouble to find out why it's there, and William was damn clever, he sat in for just few seconds, and found the problem or should i say the way to "fix"?

This is our finding, the navigation is causing this problem, from the wirings(navi), from the system, we turn the navi's sound to "0" or OFF (meaning, the navi wont be talking to u anymore). Then walah~~ problem solved, no more hissing sound.

William and Jimmy at Audiofx were really kind, they spent more time and start thinking was else can be done to bring the navi "talking" again, this has to be remain secret.. :spiteful:

Please try it out, and let me know if it works. Thanks!