15" tyres

Brad!

Guys,

I need some new tires.

I just finished my set of Yoki C Drives and they were pretty good.

Would like to go up another level.

Quotes $195 for Pirelli PZero Nero.

I basically want to spend around the $200 mark per wheel, but what something quiet with nice grip.

Can i get some opinions ASAP as I need to decide tomorrow

Edited by B rad

what size are u after? i'm assuming its for a corolla 195/65r15? Well if it is you cant get the "P Zero Nero" for 15inch wheels.

I have the Pirelli "P6000" on my rolla and they seem a good tyre.

The best tyres to fit 15inch wheels in Pirelli are either the "P Zero Dragon" or the "P6000"

The P Zero Nero's are about the best tyres Pirelli make and they only fit 16inch-21inch wheels

so i guess you would have to get bigger wheels if you really wanted the "P Zero Nero"

Hope that helps.

The guy at Spin City said he can get the Zero Nero's in for $195 a corner. This is 195/65/15

The debate is between

C Drive Vs ZeroNero Vs a (_____)

(____) = Good in wet, quiet tire $160 - $200

How do i edit my topic name, my spelling is worse then nelson after a few beers

I would recommend against the current P6000 pirellis, which are only $125 a corner, use to be $180. I think they changed the compound or manufacturing process as it appears to be a much more nosier tyre then the previous ones, but grips quite well in the wet for that price.

I find tha the pirellis perform quite well and you can get quite a lot mileage with them in general

See thats what i couldn't understand.

Pirellis used to be so expensive now they have come down - Because its cheaper, or has quality got cheaper.

Yoki C Drives did me well so i might keep with them.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!!

how about goodyear eagle f1? im sure they come in 15" sizes, ill go check. but they are very very good in the wet (i am using them now in my celica) road noise is a bit louder now but its not over the top. im not sure on price tho, ill check that out to.

edit: they come in 195/55R15 which is the closest to 195/65R15 that is stock. shouldnt make much diff.

Edited by black turkey

Probably a little late, but for the money the Bridgestone Adrenaline RE001 is a good buy. I had C.Drives before hand they were a quiet, economy tyre. The RE001 is quieter and gripper and best of all, slightly cheaper. I recommend anyone looking at any of the Drive series tyres from Yokohama to just buy the RE001.

edit: they come in 195/55R15 which is the closest to 195/65R15 that is stock. shouldnt make much diff.

There will be a 6% speedo error, which will be too great a difference, 3% error is more ideal.