iPod Connection

Danos

There was a place in Sutherland that had sign out the front "iPod your car here". Not to sure if there still there or how they did it though.

Yeah they are the guys @ Kirrawee I might drop into on the weekend - It's just around the corner from my house

Does anyone have the SoundLinq2 SL2i installed in to their sat nav optioned or Presara Aurions? Does it work? Do you get iPod information and control on the touch screen?

I looked into this and the answer is unfortunately NO. On the Presara, you will NOT be able to get iPod information and control displayed on the nav screen.

This made it less attractive for me and did not go ahead with it.

I ended up getting the SoundLinq2 SL2i installed via the dealer (as part of the drive-away of the car). I can now confirm that you can navigate through play lists and songs in each play list using the sat nav touch screen. You also get play list and song title information on the touch screen. When in iPod more, the screen looks more like you are navigating an MP3 cd with folders and songs. But as I said, you can navigate play lists and songs. :rolleyes:

I ended up getting the SoundLinq2 SL2i installed via the dealer (as part of the drive-away of the car). I can now confirm that you can navigate through play lists and songs in each play list using the sat nav touch screen. You also get play list and song title information on the touch screen. When in iPod more, the screen looks more like you are navigating an MP3 cd with folders and songs. But as I said, you can navigate play lists and songs. :rolleyes:

Really? Cool!!! I was under the impression that you can navigate through playlists, but like a CD changer, you wouldn't get the song info on screen. I was misinformed, thanks for confirming, pleased to hear that.

Would be nice for someone to get some video input working to use the sat nav screen for watching movies...

Really? Cool!!! I was under the impression that you can navigate through playlists, but like a CD changer, you wouldn't get the song info on screen. I was misinformed, thanks for confirming, pleased to hear that.

Would be nice for someone to get some video input working to use the sat nav screen for watching movies...

You can navigate playlists - the system sees them as "folders" like on a mp3 CD, and you can see song title information and get some details of the song, so you can find the song you want in each playlist. You can also select a playlist and have it shuffle that list using the RND touch screen button. It does not however display any album cover art. I also notice it does not allow you to navigate podcasts or audio books. You can create playlists, or smart playlist in iTunes and drag and drop your podcasts or audio books to those special playlists and gain access to podcasts and audio books that way.

Also to note, the sound reproduction is very clean, crystal clear and crisper than an audio CD. The sound is cleaner and appears to be more fuller and rich compared to the inbuilt CD stacker.

I don't know if it is available in AUS yet, but I have seen a SL2vi device that has support for video iPod devices. I don't know if it is compatible with the sat navs that are used in the Toyota. I have a Aurion Presara and I am now glad I went ahead and had the SL2i installed.