Camry Wagon (1992) Modifications.

Gepro

Hey, i recently bought a 1992 Camry wagon. I was wondering performance and visual wise is there any body kits that there are for this model. Also i would love to lower my car but have no idea how to do this, whether you go to a mechanic or you do it manually. And roughly how much a new straight muffler would cost fitted. Thx Guyz!

• 5 months later...

there are a couple of ways you can lower your car. the most sensible options would be either to compress the springs slightly. however, doing this may wear the shocks out quicker. the best option is to get a sports suspension pack from somewhere like pedders ($500ish) or pick up your own springs, which will cost you around the $300 mark.

on a 92 camry, my opinion a straight-thru (or racing) muffler by itself would sound shocking (you would start to feel the same once you get sick of the sound within a month). for a decent sound, your'd be best off to get a setup from the block or cat back. this will cost you around the $600 mark.

just the muffler fitted, would probably be around the $100 mark in labour, plus the cost of the muffler you want.

Edited by lateralus

just wondering gepro, wots the mileage of your engine?

if its over the 200k mark then you kinda would think twice about placin any sort of a 'performace' mod, as the engine is too worn out for an performance boosts at all.

an airfilter and muffler might sound like the way to go, but if u've got an old and neglected engine, theres really no gain, unless of course the previous owners used the best oil and oil filter, and consistently took real good care of the baby, i wouldnt do it.

i reckon visual mod would be more rewarding

cheerios

With the age of the car/engine I probably wouldn't be aiming to improve performance. Most things you should restrict yourself to (unless you got a big budget to do a full rework) is cosmetic modifications. I used to have an SV21 sedan and all I did was the intake, exhaust, and springs. With the 2L engine, your best move for a nicer exhaust note is just changing the rear muffler. I used a universal sports muffler (they called it a Magnaflow resonator or something) and it sounded nice and deep with no raspiness. Around 3 years back when I had it done, it only cost me $120 including labour. Prices these days for that kind of work shouldn't be too far from that.

As for the springs, I had it lowered on Kings for $250 installed, but that was 3 years ago as well. Can't remember the place and don't know how much more it would cost these days.