Replacing old FUJITSU 10 to PIONEER HEAD Unit

Jermyn

Hi im a newbie here. I just received an old PIONEER HEAD unit from my cousin I want to install it in my 96 Camry CSI the problem is, they cant find the wire harness which has a plug and has different colors that is supposed to be included in the head unit. I have also JL AUdio Seperates which my brother gave to me.

1. How could I install the PIONEER Head Unit and replace the FUJITSU 10 Cassete and Radio.

2. I find it difficult to remove the front cover which houses the front speakers.

3. Where can I find a replacement for the missing wire harness plug into the PIONEER Head unit.

Could anyone help me, I want to learn how to install the speakers on my own. Thanks.

Hi im a newbie here. I just received an old PIONEER HEAD unit from my cousin I want to install it in my 96 Camry CSI the problem is, they cant find the wire harness which has a plug and has different colors that is supposed to be included in the head unit. I have also JL AUdio Seperates which my brother gave to me.

1. How could I install the PIONEER Head Unit and replace the FUJITSU 10 Cassete and Radio.

2. I find it difficult to remove the front cover which houses the front speakers.

3. Where can I find a replacement for the missing wire harness plug into the PIONEER Head unit.

Could anyone help me, I want to learn how to install the speakers on my own. Thanks.

Well you'll probably need to get a new harness for the headunit.

And to do the front speakers there's not a cover over them so you'll have to remove the front door cards to gain access.

Other than that to wire in speakers is easy, just connect positive and negative wires and your done.

• 2 weeks later...

personally, I would get some extra $$$ and change the speakers while you got the door panels off as they are a b1tch.

try some 6" splits for the front and some good 6x9's in the back. dont rely on the rears for good bass tho. I tired, it failed

the toyota wiring is ........ wel fun to understand. I used the power the pwr from the old stereo, but all the speakers stuff is all new cable.

the front panel where the stereo is, is just a clip-in. There are 4 bolts that hold the stereo and the tray under the stereo in. undo them and TADA!, the stereo is out

hope this helps,

FYI, if you in my area, I can help :D

• 1 year later...

im doing the same thing. although ive connected up the head unit and there doesnt seem to be any power gettin to it. ive used the instructions provided with the head unit but it doesnt seem to be working. doesn anyone know were i can find a diagram showing me what each original wire is?

check with Autobarn or Repco ect,they sell the Aeropro wiring adaptors,for different h/units to different cars(plug & play),i'm pretty sure the one you need should be available.

just have to ask em Pioneer to 96 Camry wiring plug and they shouild be able to help.