Updated QLD legalilities on riding on 20" rims

This is updated the link wasnt working, below is an attachment of all the mods you can do to you vehicle for QLD.

Conversation on 20inch legalities, dont know about other states but below is a link to modificatons

cheers

Bondie.

Hey mate what I got told about the legalities about the 2" more rule, was that is a thing of the past. Along as you have the same rolling diameter and the tyre is load rated to that size you will be fine. Spoke to my insurance and they are cool with it. And you usually know if a basic unsurance compay will approved it, ya laughing. But i do live in QLD and cannot speak for other states and their legalities for this ruling.

I have 20" running on a 245/35/20, I could have gone 245/30/20 but it was a Nankang that was approved load rated and the diameter was out, and anyway i cant stand Nankangs for comfort.

CHEERS

BONDIE

So if i were in your situation, i will make my insurance company to have a WRITTEN 'something'/approval that make sure the insurer will insure your car with 20inch rim(even in the WORST accident if to happen). As i always say, never rely on insurance company, read more in this forum and you will find out too why this is the reality. They are doing business too, their TOP-PRIORITY is PROFIT EARNING too.. Hope you get what i mean where..

I am saying from what i experienced from the po po themselves, and i do believe they have more power than my insurance company. Sdy's rules are more strict than Vic and more than Qld, i believe..

Mayb from my look, the po po hates me, and unluckily i look asian too~ mayb that's why huh?

Good luck to all~ By the way, i am putting my 20 inch on too~ and who cares about po po, fuk them!

No need to speak to my insurance coy its legal. Yeah dude, chased up some information. Dont know if it will help your police magnetism problem as it is based on QLD legalities, but might help any QLD readers.

The 2" bigger rule is a load of crap. It was a general rule that the police used for measuring rims and tyres, as tyres back in the day, tyres wouldnt be load rated to accomadate the bigger rim. Now the lower profile tyre can accomadate the bigger rims, it doesnt matter how small your wheels were originally, and how big you go. Below is a link to small modifications of a vehicle i got of the QLD transport site. I also spoke to a repetile wheel dealership and a guy from the QLD transport compliance section and it is confirmed, as long as you have a load rated tyre you are laughing.

So if your insurance coy is hassling you or the police, check your load rating compared to the car, I think the Aurion has a load rating of 95, and if your tyres are good your good.

Cheers

Bondie

**I apologise for the spelling, doing about 3 jobs at once and typing this as well.*** "no time for spell check" below is attachment about all qld legalities of your vehicle

Edited by BONDIE

Thats what I said in an earlier thread, police tend to see thin tyres the first thing they would be checking is the load ratings, generally thinner tyres have less load rating than their stocky counterparts...