90,000 Highlanders recalled in USA

boleh

Toyota Motor plans to recall about 90,000 Highlander sport utility vehicles in the United States.

The Japanese automaker wants to fix a problem that could prevent the seat belt in a third-row seat from securing a rear-facing child seat.

Toyota spokesman Bill Kwong said Friday the company had issued a stop sale of the 2008 Highlander SUV and hybrid version with third-row seats to retrofit changes to the seat belt.

There have been no complaints or injuries tied to the seat belts.

The vehicles under the recall were built between May 2007 and March 2008. Kwong says owners will be notified of the recall in June, and dealers will install a newly designed seat belt component.

Not relevant #1: We don't have anchors in the 3rd row

Not relevant #2: I think the first shipment was made after March 2008.

Not relevant #1: We don't have anchors in the 3rd row

Not relevant #2: I think the first shipment was made after March 2008.

#2: Isn't the 1st batch of Kluger delivered in 07 when it was launched in Aug 07 in Oz? My Kluger production date is Feb 08

anyway I definitely hope this problem doesnt affect our cars

I think if you need to have baby capsules in the third row, you probably have the wrong car.

Access isn't too bad, but trying to manouver past the second row with a baby sounds like a bad idea.

Thats a really good point. Toyota probably have to cover their butts and make it safe anyway.

I think if you need to have baby capsules in the third row, you probably have the wrong car.

Access isn't too bad, but trying to manouver past the second row with a baby sounds like a bad idea.

I agree pretty hard to get in the back while holding the baby...second row seats has 3 anchors to fit 3 baby seats anyway...