seat belt indicator not working on 1999 Camry conquest

jazzcomp

Can anyone help out? The seatbelt indicator on the dashboard turns off after a little bit about the same time as the airbag indicator.

When I connect or disconnect the seatbelt, the indicator is always off.

how do i fix this?

I'm pretty sure that's how it's meant to work as there's no electrical componets in the seatbelt.

My 97 (same series) has always acted as you described.

It's just a warning light like many others that lights up on ignition to remind you about it.

I'm pretty sure that's how it's meant to work as there's no electrical componets in the seatbelt.

It's just a warning light like many others that lights up on ignition to remind you about it.

Same on my old Camry :lol:

yep thats exactly right. My Camry at the moment is like that aswell. the seatbelt light flashes for a few seconds on startup and then stops, regardless of if i have my seatbelt on or not.

my dads Kluger for example does have electrical stuff in the front seats for this, you can see the wire going into the seatbelt buckle and also there is a pressure sensor in the seat itself. This does have the seatbelt light flash when you sit in the seat and when you have the seatbelt off.

nope.

mine used to be on after u disconnect your seatbelt. i have no electrical components in the front seats either.

so for those of u who have a camry, the seatbelt light IS SUPPOSED to turn on if u disconnect your seatbeat at any period during driving.

the reason mine stopped doing that is because i changed my head unit. i noticed that the original head unit has 2 main plug inserts. my original toyota head unit is the tape and cd combo. when i placed the original head unit, the seatbelt light remains on after u disengage your belt during driving.

after my new headunit was installed that stopped happening....

if u have the original head unit then...i have no idea. but theres supposed to be a separate seatbelt warning, other than the warning light and the airbag light.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I had a 94 Camry, went from original head unit, to aftermarket, back to original head unit...

The seatbelt light made no difference. The same applies to my 95 Touring.

Maybe the Advantage series had a seatbelt detector??? Dunno... But I know for sure that the Gen 3s and 4s don't have this function (unless the Grande did)

Edited by Whip Cracker