Reserve Tank

uSn

Brought a 1992 GLX Tarago few months back. just wondering how far under the E does the needle go on the fuel gauge or how many km's are you supposed to get when the fuel light goes on? everytime it starts to come on we fill up. we are currently paying around $1.45/ltr for unleaded and getting only 450km's is this normal?

I don't see why it wouldn't be...

Its oldish, its big, its heavy.

I imagine this gets used around town to take the kids to school etc... which is less efficient than cruising.

The only thing I can recommend is using higher quality fuel (if the wallet permits) - although I doubt that would have much effect on the fuel efficiency for suburban school runs.

I don't see why it wouldn't be...

Its oldish, its big, its heavy.

I imagine this gets used around town to take the kids to school etc... which is less efficient than cruising.

The only thing I can recommend is using higher quality fuel (if the wallet permits) - although I doubt that would have much effect on the fuel efficiency for suburban school runs.

Agree. Can't expect Corolla fuel consumption from Tarago

I realize this but from an earlier model i was getting same millage from smaller tank, anyway this really isnt the answer i required the first question was in regards to the reserve tank milage, once the fuel light comes on how many KM's are you supposed to get? '

• 11 months later...
Brought a 1992 GLX Tarago few months back. just wondering how far under the E does the needle go on the fuel gauge or how many km's are you supposed to get when the fuel light goes on? everytime it starts to come on we fill up.

When you fill up, note total litres you put in, and distance since last fill. This gives you distance/litre for your car/petrol type/driving style/driving conditons.

Now, look up petrol tank size in your manual. Difference between that and the amount you're putting in is the size of your reserve in litres. Multiply by your distance/litre figure, and you have your reserve's range.

Brought a 1992 GLX Tarago few months back. just wondering how far under the E does the needle go on the fuel gauge or how many km's are you supposed to get when the fuel light goes on? everytime it starts to come on we fill up.

When you fill up, note total litres you put in, and distance since last fill. This gives you distance/litre for your car/petrol type/driving style/driving conditons.

Now, look up petrol tank size in your manual. Difference between that and the amount you're putting in is the size of your reserve in litres. Multiply by your distance/litre figure, and you have your reserve's range.

I'm sure he's worked it out in the last year....

I'm sure he's worked it out in the last year....

... For other readers.

• 10 months later...