Rolla 152 series VSC/TC

Does anyone know if the 152 series corolla's will be coming out with VSC & TC at all? and when?

Sure it will

Aus is the only place they have taken out VSC/TC on the Auris.

Marketing strategies to make people think they are getting better value after then put them on a year or 2 later but infact we suckers are getting watered down model in the first place

not to mention ancient 4sp automatic vs 6sp CVT-i from japan. Dont understand why we not getting it when our 152 are imported from japan. its directly taken out and replaced with an acient box.

Honda's been using 7sp cvt..

That is incorrect.

...Care to elaborate?

I'll do the elaborating since he won't back it up.

"Stability control is not available for now. Toyota says it will be offered across the entire Corolla range from September 2008, perhaps as part of a MY09 model refresh."

Click here

Please note, some other reports are claiming August. Knowing Toyota being a little later than usual, most probably a little after that.

Hope that clears up a few questions here and there.

Thanks Guys.

I am in the market for a new corolla conquest sedan. Not quite sure if i should wait for the refresh with VSC & TC or just go ahead and get the current one.

any advice? pros and cons of VSC & TC..?

August production you should start seeing VSC in 152s.
That is incorrect.
Toyota says it will be offered across the entire Corolla range from September 2008, perhaps as part of a MY09 model refresh."

May all be correct -- in some cases, August production *may* be "offered" from September ... :)

wtf? I thought the current corolla came standard with traction control?

So what does it actually come with in the braking department currently? ABS...and?....

ABS & EBD

Let's revisit this thread after October... or maybe after that ... or before...

Edited by SmellyTofu

• 4 months later...

In the Levin SX hatch thread pinzvidz stated - Stability will be available December production onwards. 6 speed gearbox will have revised ratios with the production change as well.

Don't know his source so who knows. Toyota hadn't forseen the demand for VSC when the planning was done 4 years + ago for the 150's series. VSC was supposedly added but delayed because they didn't have it ready/calibrated for aussie roads and didn't want to get it wrong by dropping in european or us version.

Could be marketing but i'm sure it's hurt them a bit when all the competition has had it available on most models in the mean time.

We aussies sure get shafted though. 4sp auto v 6sp in US, cruise control on a stalk v on the steering wheel in US (come on, how hard is that!!!) Now the aussie dollar has taken a dive off a cliff, expect the shafting to continue.....

In the Levin SX hatch thread pinzvidz stated - Stability will be available December production onwards. 6 speed gearbox will have revised ratios with the production change as well.

Don't know his source so who knows. Toyota hadn't forseen the demand for VSC when the planning was done 4 years + ago for the 150's series. VSC was supposedly added but delayed because they didn't have it ready/calibrated for aussie roads and didn't want to get it wrong by dropping in european or us version.

Could be marketing but i'm sure it's hurt them a bit when all the competition has had it available on most models in the mean time.

We aussies sure get shafted though. 4sp auto v 6sp in US, cruise control on a stalk v on the steering wheel in US (come on, how hard is that!!!) Now the aussie dollar has taken a dive off a cliff, expect the shafting to continue.....

I doubt they will ever get a revised gearbox.

How often you see Toyota revises their drive train? or any other company?.

I went to the Sydney motor show, they had a ZR on display.The quality, plastic and leather they used are very bad. It feels like a completely different car to the 07 made ones. Have they shift the production to South Africa? It really feels like one.

• 1 month later...

Just received this...

Yes the stability control models are currently in production and we hope to see

them Jan/feb will keep you updated

Kind Regards

WAYNE THOMSON

SALES CONSULTANT

Downtown Toyota

Been thinking about this lately.

Is it really necessary to have those VSC/TC.

Sure it saves lives but having all these electronic driving aim just seems driving no long driving.

Accelerate too much...you can throttle cut and auto brake.

In the end, it just makes a driver worst in driving.

Just a thought. <_<

Just received this...

Yes the stability control models are currently in production and we hope to see

them Jan/feb will keep you updated

Kind Regards

WAYNE THOMSON

SALES CONSULTANT

Downtown Toyota

Interesting... I shall dig around at work and see if it's true. :)

You guys are illuding yourself if you can replicate what VSC can do with one brake pedal. I strongly suggest you guys either take your car to the skid pan and try a car with and without VSC. It's one thing that a person with the greatest amount of driving skill cannot replicate physically.

Sure you can drive slower but if a kid/kangaroo/drunken person walks out in front of you in even the best of conditions, you'll be glad it'd kick in and keep the car going where you want to go provided you're being proactively avoiding the situation with steering inputs.

I suggest you spend the time to watch this video located here to see not just VSC but also additional technology that keeps the car tracking where you steer it no matter what conditions.

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/review-330-Toyo...aste,+HDTV.html

And of course most of you hopefully would have seen this one from 5th Gear

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wR1SSxpKitE

• 1 month later...

pfft they should have offered this over a year ago, with no price increase.

Toyotas competition had this as standard equipment for no price increase over a year ago now, there is no reason other then to save Toyota money and to rip their customers off.

The sad thing is, This is australias No1/ No2 car, so they can get away with anything and people are still happy to pay.