Looking to buy a new Yaris Sedan

neK

My mum is looking for a new car (im trying to steer her away from the Hyundia Getz / i30)

What prices have you guys got for the Yaris Sedan (YRS) and where?

Thanks all!

BMW i30 ==========================Yaris==============================> Hyundai?!

theres a huge gap between the i30 and Getz

Sorry but isnt the i30 a hyundai as well just up from the getz a newer model. I was quoted on a yaris 5 door hatch 20 000 drive away

Edited by 1rocky

BMW i30 ==========================Yaris==============================> Hyundai?!

theres a huge gap between the i30 and Getz

Sorry but isnt the i30 a hyundai as well just up from the getz a newer model. I was quoted on a yaris 5 door hatch 20 000 drive away

o really?

sorry i dont know much about hyundai cars... :unsure:

then.. stuff i30 and Getz....

they're alright if u only drive them for a yr or 2..

i30 is a Accent replacement. They are a good drive and even more so for the diesel version. Only "quirky" thing it has is indicators on the left like a UK spec vehicle which I presume this car is built upon. Good specs variations... Would not have any doubts if you bought this car.. they are much much better than they were 8 years ago.

Yaris sedan is a pretty large car... so comparing space, they are pretty much the same.

You might want to wait a bit if you want VSC on Yaris... but on the i30, you can get ESP... I guess important just in case.

Cant really see the point of ESP in small cars.

Correct me if im wrong, but what is the likelihood of a 1.5 auto fwd car requiring ESP?

The car is designed to understeer, so where does stability control really come in?

Oh and we got a Yaris Sedan Auto :)

Edited by neK

ESP is useful in any car large or small. It's not the speeds you'll be doing that will hold the car on track but it's how quickly you can avoid it. A kid could come out on your home street.. or like me, I've had some careless person pull out of their parking spot without looking on a residential road and fortunately being in the dry road, I avoided it from 50km/h but do the same thing in the wet and I wouldn't have stood a chance as it was this very same situation I had my first "accident" in a Corolla Ascent in the rain.

Cars are usually designed to understeer but it doesn't mean that it will save you everytime to drive slower into a corner. ESP will initiate oversteer which effectively cancels out the understeer.

I'm not saying it's great for every situation but for everyday driving, it's one feature that cannot be replicated like ABS and it could get you out of an accident.

Edited by SmellyTofu

Cant really see the point of ESP in small cars.

Bit of a silly comment... There are a lot of hopeless drivers out there who would sh!t themselves in a situation in the wet or oil on the road whilst swerving to avoid something and lose control. At least stability control would give 'em half a chance.

and realistically those ppl shouldnt be on the roads to begin with. The problem is that by giving those hopeless drivers out there ESP, you're given them some false sense of security, ive personally heard the "dont worry my car has ABS" comment one too many times from inexperienced drivers....

Now to watch stupid drivers drive worse because they think ESP will help them take a corner at even faster speeds (because thats how the car dealer implied how ESP works).

Anyways, i'd actually like to see a vid to a fwd car utilising ESP.... anyone got links?

Edited by neK

i30 wouldn't be a bad buy actually. Won small car of the year...

Hyundai are stepping up their game... give the Koreans time and they will have a significant part of the market, sold bearing better known badges :ph34r:

Edited by Leroy

Sure it's a bit sensationalised but it's every bit as true..

The other one is http://www.stabilitycontrol.com.au .. sure it's sponsored by Hyundai, but there's a truth in that for everyday driving.

In order to perform the same thing ESP does is to have 4 brake pedal controlling each wheel.

Oh, and to say they shouldn't be on the road means that kids running after a ball shouldn't be on the road.. but they do... so do dogs running across the road... or a kangaroo on the highway?

Edited by SmellyTofu

• 4 weeks later...

Technically VSC/ESP has little to do with driver skills.

Braking individual wheels is simply not a feature of cars without stability control.

FWD is safer than RWD but will still benefit from stability control.

Features like ABS and stability control makes your best bet response in emergency situation simple, straight forward and more concrete. The complex, confusing and contradicting emergency techniques in the pre-ABS days are...

Small car needs it too.

That first video shows its potential effects on large car (Jaguar X-Type) and second video shows a small car (some Hatch).

My friend is buying this weekend.

YRS Sedan. He got $20,500 driveaway instore last weekend at A.

$20,000 off the phone yesterday at B.

I'm going to take him to my dealer (bought from him a month ago) and try $19,500.

Didn't know facelift coming out.

Might be able to go more aggressive on price.