ZRE Blitz Throttle Controller

Mate don't think anyone here has even thought about doing anything like that yet. To be honest I have had a set of lowered springs for sale on here for about 2 months or so and still no bites so maybe new Corolla owners are a bit on the scared side of modding things....

true about being scared

I m abit scared to touch anything yet other than cosmetic appearance. Expecially on a new car, bit relucant to touch the engine.

But based on Blitz, this seem to be very useful.

It has 4 modes,

A fuel econ mode, sports 1 which is good on low rev, sports2 is good in mid range and sports 3 is flat our track tuned

priced around $350

Mate don't think anyone here has even thought about doing anything like that yet. To be honest I have had a set of lowered springs for sale on here for about 2 months or so and still no bites so maybe new Corolla owners are a bit on the scared side of modding things....

I'm glad someone finally said it

I have yet to modify anything 'mechanical' bar the exhaust system from the cat back. The only thing I have touched under the engine bay is having a dry cell battery installed due to the updated sound system completely obliterating the stock battery, now its great!

But yeah, I wouldnt mind getting some of this stuff. Providing it doesnt break anything :P

I have yet to modify anything 'mechanical' bar the exhaust system from the cat back. The only thing I have touched under the engine bay is having a dry cell battery installed due to the updated sound system completely obliterating the stock battery, now its great!

But yeah, I wouldnt mind getting some of this stuff. Providing it doesnt break anything :P

Not sure

Blitz seems to have a good reputation.

So if you want to be a pioneer, let us know...hehe

If my car was a few years old, I would be less reluctant to modify it for sure. Here's the thing, I've only got 19000km's on it and its 10months old, the engine hasn't been released in the U.S.A. yet, which is arguably other than japan the biggest market for performance engine parts that actually work, and until the market size increases for 2ZR-FE engine modifications there isn't really going to be anything priced at a reasonable level that provides major performance improvements. And the fact that my folks would freak if they saw that throttle control module sitting on my dash if they happened to look in... But it's tempting for sure.

*Sigh* No, just probably temporarily conservative, or poor since they just lay down some moolah on a new car and are almost finished paying it off... and at uni... lol, me anyway, but yeah! Someone should try this thing, it's now on my list straight after getting a bluetooth setup for my phone with hidden mike, and possibly a reverse camera.

+1. Is it bcoz people related modding car to hoon? or worry they damage their car?

+1. Is it bcoz people related modding car to hoon? or worry they damage their car?

it would b a bit of both ....... but ppl dunno what they r missing out on ...... u aint gonna b happy till u go through it all ..... splurge a crap load of cash and end up having more power than ur new SS commonwh0re that u'll b happy knowing ur's is unique ;) ;) ;) ...... trust me .... speaking from experience :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

lol... Funny thread...

Not all car owners have to modify them to be cool...

Some ppl have the car and enjoy it for what it is... Doesn't make them a woos or a female or anything like that...

It's simply personal preference...

And majorly as has already been said, soon as these are released into the USA, parts will be coming left right and centre...

Yeah but in the meantime they're missing out on so much fun :D

I think warranty would be a concern too, being a new model, who knows what might go wrong, and then where does your fulsik gear get you? Nowhere but out of pocket

Waiting for someone to come out and say that, thanks Rolla Boy. I don't think just because one doesn't choose to mod their car as heavily as others makes them more of a woman or a man.

For me simply, the reasons why I'm not doing any major mods is in fear of damaging a new engine still under new car warranty and lack of R&D. Since the car is so new to the market, we still don't know how reliable the engine can be in terms of increasing/milking killa wasps out out of the thing.

So until more parts are developed and available over in US (since it's only just been released), I'm not going to be throwing money into some unknown territory without knowing at least 90% sure I'll get something out of it without breaking it.

wasnt having a go at you guys.. just having a joke ;) reason is i really want to see a well modded new rolla (looks and engine wise)

im not suggesting some one throw a turbo on one of these things but a few little mods like exhaust, cold air intake hell even the blitz throttle controller isnt going to hurt and its hardly modifying just bolting on better stuffs hehe

im out.. will see what you can come up with, good luck :D