Corolla/Celica 2zz vvt-li

It has got me stuffed how some of you do this sort of thing. I have driven my old car with CAI as well as northy in his old sportivo with CAI through water that literally came up to the door sills and Northy pushed a bow wave in front of me that came up over the headlights. and guess what??? No problems at all!!! We drove in slowly and didn't gun it through the water. Northy copped a bow wave off another car coming from the other direction. He has a video of it on the forum somewhere.

Obviously first thing is you aren't sure about how deep it is then don't cross it. If you can see how deep it is and it isn't ridiculous then drive into it slowly and not fast.

for those who are worried about putting a CAI on their car then do it. It seems that this sort of thing only happens if you are careless or doing something stupid.

so basically i should just let the car roll over the puddle instead of gassing it pass?? i mean the the cai is just at the btm of the fog lights..shouldnt even a short step of the pedal suck up air when u cross the puddle..i dunno ..just a thought

yeh, i was driving slow coz i couldnt really see, road was shimmering like a lake, by the time i realised it was a puddle, step on brakes, stop, put into reverse gear, at that point my motor was sputtering and stalled,

ineteresting fact: 2zzge is still strong enough to run on 2 cylinders with snapped conrods hitting the cylinder wall LOL

sorry to hear that!!

next time if it happens to me.. i'll get out and start pushing~ :P

will a cai bypass valve help?

It has got me stuffed how some of you do this sort of thing. I have driven my old car with CAI as well as northy in his old sportivo with CAI through water that literally came up to the door sills and Northy pushed a bow wave in front of me that came up over the headlights. and guess what??? No problems at all!!! We drove in slowly and didn't gun it through the water. Northy copped a bow wave off another car coming from the other direction. He has a video of it on the forum somewhere.

Obviously first thing is you aren't sure about how deep it is then don't cross it. If you can see how deep it is and it isn't ridiculous then drive into it slowly and not fast.

for those who are worried about putting a CAI on their car then do it. It seems that this sort of thing only happens if you are careless or doing something stupid.

was that during last yr's annual meet? i remember watching that clip!!

i supose every1 has there own opioun on the cai thing tho u gotta ask ur self is it reli worth putin a cai just for a few xtra kw

If you are asking yourself that question then you have answered it already.

As for a 2ZZ running 2 cylinders, when Northy dropped a rod we started it up and had a listen then gave it a few revs and had a good laugh!!