Tyrepower Sunshine

enforcer

Don't buy from them. Got wheels and tyres but that will be all for my lifetime.

* Told my car will be ready in 30 min. 2 hours later...

* After repeated calls spanning 1 month about my Enkei center caps the store "still has it on order," and "the store haven't got back to me," and "I've got your number, I'll call you." It only took my wheels 3 days to deliver from Sydney to Melbourne but since they've already got my money for the wheels they don't even want to know me since I'm following up the center caps.

* The person jacking my car up was going to use a point directly under the engine until I stopped him and told him the correct jack point.

Odd for a Tyrepower outlet to have bad service, I've used their notthing hill workshop and a friend has used their Know outlet and we've both had good things to say about them. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, so do you have the caps yet?

Damm that got to suck was it your first time going to TyrePower in Sunshine?

Yes, and it will be the last.

JAXQuickfit and Tyrepower were the only places that could order Enkei RPF1 wheels for me in VIC but I decided to go to Tyrepower since it was closer to home. That was a mistake.

Odd for a Tyrepower outlet to have bad service, I've used their notthing hill workshop and a friend has used their Know outlet and we've both had good things to say about them. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, so do you have the caps yet?

Like a lot of places it depends on the outlet. I have not been to any other Tyrepower locations and can only comment on the bad service at the Sunshine store. I still don't have the caps and will be looking elsewhere.

Don't buy from them. Got wheels and tyres but that will be all for my lifetime.

* Told my car will be ready in 30 min. 2 hours later...

* After repeated calls spanning 1 month about my Enkei center caps the store "still has it on order," and "the store haven't got back to me," and "I've got your number, I'll call you." It only took my wheels 3 days to deliver from Sydney to Melbourne but since they've already got my money for the wheels they don't even want to know me since I'm following up the center caps.

* The person jacking my car up was going to use a point directly under the engine until I stopped him and told him the correct jack point.

yep it's all true...

i too have had the same experince with them... booked my car to get 2 tyres changed (i even suplied the tyres all they need to do was fit them, and i made a booking 2 days ahead) i booked it for 5pm and i got the car back at 7:30pm.... i ended up going to the shopping centre up the road and waited for them to call me....

and to top it off they put the nuts back on so tight that me and my dad couldn't undo them, and my cousin actully snaped a bolt trying to undo his...

What we all have to remember is that tyre-fitters are the blokes that weren't smart enough to be mechanics... yet they are the ones responsible for fitting possibly the most important safety system on the car - wheels and tyres.

When I get my tyres done (Tyrepower Queanbeyan, as a matter of coincidence), I take my wheels off, put the old set back on, and hand the four wheels to the blokes so they don't ever come in contact with the car. This avoids such instances as overtightened wheel nuts and incorrect jacking points. Don't get me wrong though, the guys are really nice blokes, especially when it's a cash sale ;)

hrmm thats weird i go there all the time and they treat me ok i do wheel alingments there and camber adjust also... i must say but they do make u wait quiet a while it looks really really busy every time i drive past but hey... thats just me and the guy that does my car usally keeps complimenting my car mayb thats why also =D but sometimes i do go to bridgestone in st albans mayb try there next time they do a good job also.

Steve,

What we all have to remember is that tyre-fitters are the blokes that weren't smart enough to be mechanics... yet they are the ones responsible for fitting possibly the most important safety system on the car - wheels and tyres.

I'm yet to go to a tyre shop that isn't dodgy. Kmart has been the best so far for me.