system for yaris

YOPI

the stock sound system is pretty good on the new yaris, the vocal/music is much clearer than even some of the after market speakers you can get. but i was wondering what would you put in to give it some extra bass with out adding a 12" sub in the boot??? as the misus wanna keep it as stock looking as possible and not take up too much of her shopping storage.

Edited by YOPI

although i have a corolla, i imagine stock speakers would be alike; so i'll hava stab at answering :)

the corolla's stock speakers had, what i call, a 'psuedo-tweeter'. its a small plastic cone that circles the voice coil (the button in the center of the speaker).

the role of the small plastic cone is to differentiate higher frequencys from bassy frequencies. although, as you can see, it sort of works. what you ought to do replace for a decent set of aftermarket speakers. and there are heaps out there. an aftermarket speaker with a proper tweeter means it has dedicated output for higher frequencies. and behind the tweeter lays a cone dedicated to bass. (now its down to how your door and your head unit handles it) :P

even aftermarket speakers that (dont have a tweeter and) use one cone will most likely have higher technology and enahced fabrics over toyotas mass produced sub contractor (pioneer/fujitsu). a deck will also make a difference.

so basically;

toyota stock speaker - uses a shortcut method to have bass and higher freq. coming through the one cone.

aftermarket speaker - properly seperates higher freq. (by the tweeter) from the bass (cone behind tweeter) thus '2 way' or '3 way' etc etc

Edited by Jack_RollaWgn

6" or 8" sub would do it (get cylinder not a box). small and practical for the boot. I have 6" cylinder sub and its small yet deliver a good bass (not as good as the 12" or bigger subs, but if you're going to use it for normal listening then its more than enough). Im using the stock Toyota 6stacker in-dash cd/mp3 system with the sub sounds awesome!

Edited by leasaunce

what type of system / deck / splits / would you recommend to replace it without sacrificing the stocko sound clarity?

is it possible to to connect an amp to the stocko deck to run a 6 or 8" sub?

what type of system / deck / splits / would you recommend to replace it without sacrificing the stocko sound clarity?

is it possible to to connect an amp to the stocko deck to run a 6 or 8" sub?

the 6" sub i have has built in amp (tuck inside the cylinder). so pretty much 12V cable thru the engine and connect the RCA or splice the left or right speaker cable.