Aurion Suspension

Freddo

This is the main difference - stiffer bracing

The two Sportivo models - SX6 and ZR6 - get stiffer sports suspension with additional rear bracing, plus 17-inch alloy wheels with Michelin tyres for more assertive handling. They also get bodykits comprising of sports headlamps and rear combination lamps, sports radiator grille, front foglamps, a rear wing spoiler plus front and rear aprons and side skirts. Alloy-look sports pedals also make the Sportivo grades, as do 3-spoke leather-bound steering wheels. The top spec sports model, Sportivo ZR6, gets luxury extras like dual-zone auto air conditioning, black leather seat trim, two front and four rear clearance and reversing sonars, smart entry (including boot release) and engine push button start.

The Sportivo ZR6 and SX6 models benefit from the more responsive handling of a firmer sports suspension system. A V-shaped brace keeps the rear suspension towers aligned and provides greater body rigidity for enhanced cornering. Firmer spring and stabiliser bar settings optimise cornering control even further, by reducing body roll and sharpening steering response even further. So you can play this game with nimble handling and greater control.

thanks plugger (wont make fun of your nickname).

As i will be lowering it with new springs and changing the rims anyways the presara might be the goer?

wonder if i can get the cross bar from toyota?

Edited by Freddo

i think the sportivos only have strut bracing on the rear, hence why the back seats don't fold down and there's only a ski post back there on them............which has gotten on my nerves recently.

My Touring also can't fold down the rear seats.

I guess it saves money to just have no foldable rear seats on all Aurions.

Or maybe non-Sportivo still has things that prevent foldable rear seats.

When we were buying our sx-6 the other week, the dealer informed us that none of the aurions had fold down seats. The reason for this was the internal bracing inside the boot area...under the rear parcel shelf, which (according to the dealer) was there to give the body greater structural integrity.

Having test drove an AT-X...and the Tourer which have the same suspension set up...and then the sx-6, there is a noticeable difference in the ride.

Much firmer and precise in the sx-6. I guess it's the combination of the suspension and it's bracing as well as some half decent rubber. I have the tyres set at 35psi.

anyone know what the suspension difference is?

The Sportivos by having 'sports suspension' will have firmer springs and shocks/dampers than the ATX/Prodigy/Presara which have a comfort orientated suspension.

on constantly bumpy roads my Aurion Touring's non-Sportivo suspension feels a bit bouncy

for those roads I prefer my old Camry Touring, which also comes with sports suspension but also gas shock absorbers

but I don't know anything about suspension, only drawing keywords from reviews

the bumpy roads I am talking about how those multi patched grey coloured roads, rather than the smooth black coloured roads

• 4 months later...

Anyone know if the Touring model has the bracing on the rear suspension?

I have driven both the ATX and own a Touring, and the Touring does seem to have slightly better handling than the ATX. Whether this is due simply to different tyres and size I am not sure, but there is some sort of difference I think...

Anyone know if the Touring model has the bracing on the rear suspension?

I have driven both the ATX and own a Touring, and the Touring does seem to have slightly better handling than the ATX. Whether this is due simply to different tyres and size I am not sure, but there is some sort of difference I think...

All Aurion's have the same internal structure, so that rear bracing is always going to be there. The only thing that is different around there is that the Touring has alloy wheels and possibly a different type of tyre.

Aurion Touring has Dunlop SP Sport 300E

in the reviews Aurion AT-X has the same

so the only difference is Alloy wheels

are steel wheels heavier or lighter than alloy wheels?

if its just a short test drive of AT-X at the dealer, its probably just that you got used to driving the Aurion

Edited by tekkyy