Installing Driver Lights

Hey Guys

Ive just got my hands on a pair of driving lights for my 2004 Corolla Ascent Sport and i was wondering if any of you guys out there could point me in the right direction of what im going to need and how to install them, or is it just easier to get an auto electrician to wire it up for me?

Thanx in advance

sorry for adding this here, but i was wondering if you had taken out your black covers that sit where you are wanting to put your lights in... n if u had how did you?

Cheers

C-rolla

sorry for adding this here, but i was wondering if you had taken out your black covers that sit where you are wanting to put your lights in... n if u had how did you?

Cheers

C-rolla

I can't say for sure, but if they're anything like the ones on the pre-update cars, its just a matter of sliding your hand up behind them and giving them a push, they'll just pop right out.

The BIG question (in my case) is how to make the little buggers stay in when you put them back ... my driver's side cover keeps popping its outside corner out, even the guys at Lexus tried to put it back, but to no avail. At least its mid-year bonus/"company-supplied-driving-light" time shortly! :P

hi guys, sorry to hijack this topic but on the topic of lights,

i was driving home from work today and stopped over at the supermarkets for about half an hour and when i got out, i had noticed that my lights were on.

i was a bit surprised as it was still daylight and that i would have heard the beep go off when i opened the door. When i got side the car, the old sportivo had her high beams indicator lights on (they had turned on by themselves).

I tried and tired to turn them off but to no avail, in the end i had to disconnect them (the bulbs) from under the bonnet to drive home as i got "reminded" that i had high beams on by other drivers a few times.

shes still all alight atm even when parked in the garage.

Has this happened to anyone here? im thinking there is something wrong with the wiring of the car as everytime i accellerate, the light starts to go off....Ummmmm

looks like a call to the service department at MCT tomorrow morning....

:(

hi guys, sorry to hijack this topic but on the topic of lights,

i was driving home from work today and stopped over at the supermarkets for about half an hour and when i got out, i had noticed that my lights were on.

i was a bit surprised as it was still daylight and that i would have heard the beep go off when i opened the door. When i got side the car, the old sportivo had her high beams indicator lights on (they had turned on by themselves).

I tried and tired to turn them off but to no avail, in the end i had to disconnect them (the bulbs) from under the bonnet to drive home as i got "reminded" that i had high beams on by other drivers a few times.

shes still all alight atm even when parked in the garage.

Has this happened to anyone here? im thinking there is something wrong with the wiring of the car as everytime i accellerate, the light starts to go off....Ummmmm

looks like a call to the service department at MCT tomorrow morning....

:(

nah man, I think your cars got Gremlins

My mates company lost so many $32 covers on their ascents, ( they are a very loose fit and often drop out if the cars used on rough roads ) they had them siliconed in..works a treat.

And yes just put your hand up behind the cover and a slight flex and a gentle push is all thats needed to pop them out.

An update on the high beams the wouldnt turn off.

took it to MCT today, problem fixed and $250 lighter in the hip pocket :blink: .

It was caused by the TRD CAI rubbing on one of the wiring looms ( after some time of rubbing the insulator had had disappeared and exposed the wires) and shorted out some relay that controlled the high beam lights. so the wiring and relay had to be replaced in that particular section.

So a warning to all fellow sportivo owners out there with CAI's, check that your CAI installation is not causing friction on your wiring, very expensive lesson learnt.

cheers.

:wacko:

I'm not exactley too sure where (the rubbing point) is as i picked up the car in a locked up state outside the dealer after work today so i couldn't speak directly with the service tech guy but will give him a buzz tomorrow to find out exactly where.

then i will post a pick for you guys and gals.

cheers