oil filter removal

if its really stuck on... Belt a Screwdriver through the side of the oil filter and use that to lever it off.... works a treat. Just remember to have rags handy.

the aurion uses a different type of oil filter... the casing is re-usable, so why you would damage that if you didnt absolutely have to is beyond me...

if its really stuck on... Belt a Screwdriver through the side of the oil filter and use that to lever it off.... works a treat. Just remember to have rags handy.

the aurion uses a different type of oil filter... the casing is re-usable, so why you would damage that if you didnt absolutely have to is beyond me...

Lol. I'd love to see someone manage to shove a screwdriver through the oil filter cap on the Aurion.

Speaking of which though, you if you plan on doing the oil change yourself, you're best obtaining a cap-style oil filter wrench like this: http://www.toolsource.com/toyota-filter-wr...m-p-100298.html

Lol. I'd love to see someone manage to shove a screwdriver through the oil filter cap on the Aurion.

Speaking of which though, you if you plan on doing the oil change yourself, you're best obtaining a cap-style oil filter wrench like this: http://www.toolsource.com/toyota-filter-wr...m-p-100298.html

Thanks that is the part I looking for will order one alan

• 1 month later...
Just found this..

ITs for the Camry 2007(us) but thats the same engine as the aurion..

That guy could have saved a little mess by doing it the way he should have. Around the 1:00 mark, he removes the oil filter casing without first draining it. You can see the plastic attachment that he removes from the filter at the 2:50 mark. From the service manual:

1) Connect the hose with an inside diameter of 15 mm (0.59 in.) to the pipe.

01sc4.png

2) Remove the oil filter drain plug from the oil filter cap.

03oy0.png

3) Insert the pipe with the hose into the oil filter cap. NOTICE: Be sure to insert the pipe with the O-ring installed on the oil filter cap side. HINT: Place the hose end into a container before draining the oil from the hose.

02pr9.png

4) Make sure that oil is completely drained, and remove the pipe and O-ring. HINT: Be sure to turn the pipe in the direction of the arrow to remove it.

04gm3.png