Melbourne Monthly Meet up

Hey all

I am in the process of tidying up the meets and event section a little. I am about to pin a Melbourne meet thread at the top of the page like Brissy, Sydney and Canberra have. This will be where you will now do what you were doing in the other thread. When you guys decide on your regular meet point each month/fortnight PM me and I will add it to the title or Big Bum can do it too. If you are doing a "specific" meet at a different point then start a separate thread. That way all the Melbourne peeps will go to the pinned thread at the top of the page for the regular meet up info/goss. If you are doing a big cruise etc on a weekend then start a new thread. This way we will stop people starting new topics of topics that are already running.

cheers boys/girls

SB

All Important information including route and estimates of time contained in post # 2

Sunday 27th July 2008 - Melb Meet # 2

Melbourne Cruise 002 Running Sheet

Basic things needed:

Car

Fuel (250km worth min)

Cash (Pub Meal value)

CB Radio if own one

Camera

Good Attitude

Clean Car (prob raining :( )

Attendees for Cruise (copy paste add name) ill update initial post regularly :)

1. Blind Kid Seeks - 2ZZGE

2. Jaderd - 2ZZGE

3. Kenji - 2ZZGE

4. Marc2020

5. Guni - 2ZZGE + Passenger

6. bonbon-2zzge

7. Nikkii (passenger)

8. GTI-TRD

9. Silly-Karr

10. Trolla93

11. Sephanite - Z4 ?

12. Johno (rollaclub)

13. azn_k3nt aka ravvvie

14. Kenster (x-trail)

15. HOTSUP + Passenger

16. Joeyee (not lunch - due in melb at 3.00pm)

17. manu_boy (r35pct)

18. Khendo + Passenger - KE-20 (rollaclub)

19. OSO-DVS - MY03 WRX Sti

20. GSR (not lunch - work at 4.00pm)

21. Bernej + Passenger(KE25)

22. Bernej mate - Yaris

23. Bernej mate - WRX wagon

24. Bonbon - Glanza

25. Marco 2020 mate - Willz

Edited by jaderd

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Here goes....

The Korumburra Cruise. SUNDAY 27th July.

cruiseKMsandTime.jpg

235Kms <- Thanks Jaderd!

Meet At 11:0Oam at Corner Warragul and Dandenong Roads.

Theres a Shell Servo and and Subway on the corner with a LARGE carpark we cann all get together in.

Meet-Point.jpg

Depart 12:00 - 12:30pm - Drive to Warragul

This trip is the most boring of the cruise... its about an hour or so down the Monash then onto the Princess Hwy. There is 1 fuel stop (toilet/ciggle break) on the way so if you'd like to pause in here let it be known. I'd personally like to get out of the car and have a stretch here at the service centre (old man knees).

Stop at Re Grouping area - 5 mins - Head to Korumburra

re-group-point.jpg

Just after we get off the M1, there's a few turns (as indicated on the map) that gets us to the road that will take us to Korumburra. We should stop here and allow anyone who wants to go hard through the roads to get up towards the front so they aren't held up by some of us sunday drivers. ;)

This section of road is brilliant... on a Sunday you can expect next to no traffic the entire trip. This road is renowned by Motor Cyclists as a belter... so if there are any that do come up from behind... just let them by... you'd expect the same treatment from anyone else. expect this section to go for about 30 - 40 mins depending on your right foot and courage levels.

thefunbit.jpg

Arrive Korumburra - regroup - Lunch at the Pub

Pub-Stop.jpg

Once we get off the road from Warragul turn left toward Korumburra and pull over to the left... you'll know where to stop when you see the space. Once back together... its only a 30 second drive to the Pub Carpark from here... Pull in and get a cold one.

In Korumburra theres a Historic Village called Coal Creek Check the link here if you guys are keen to get the camera's out and have a look at this place. Its hardly an amazing fun park filled with rides and or attractions... but hey its about as Country Victoria as you'll get! Unless we drive to Walhalla. (<- another EPIC cruise) Could be a great experience for some of you to check out real Australiana.

If we decide to stick around... After you've wandered around... we can head back along the South Gippsland Hwy Back to Melbourne.

This road takes us through Loch, Nyora, Lang Lang, Tooradin then Cranbourne... more often then not, its busy with traffic coming home from Phillip Island... Police regulate this road heavily.

Meet Point - McDonalds Lyndhurst

Meet-Point2.jpg

Stop here for a quick bite/drink/smoke/stretch/***** and say good byes if need be... the next leg of the trip takes us back to the Monash Freeway where from here we can go home for the evening.

Please Express your interest. There is no minimum attendance requirements for this Cruise... However i'd like to know by the Friday 25th how many people are coming so i can pre-warn the Pub we're coming.

Edited by Blind Kid Seeks

i havent done thisi route for a while. definately looking forward to this. estimated round trip km's?

Im guessing but its gotta be somewhere between 200 and 250 kms.

EDIT: Jaderd tells me its 235Kms thanks to his trusty Google Maps skills....

whoa, long cruise, i think alot of people not only need to know how much kms, more importantly, do you think you can figure out a time estimate? say from meet point to destination? how long breaks/lunch? people from other side of town might need to work out themselves time from home to meet point, i am really interested but i need to know. thanks! :yahoo::yahoo:

Edited by tEeevo

Attendees for Cruise (copy paste add name) ill update initial post regularly

Jaderd

Blind Kid Seeks

Kenji

cheers Guys, Blind Kid Seeks already had the route in his head so that made it easy for him, within next week or so we will try to have a running sheet with approx times etc.....just from guessing

Meet 11:00

Depart 12:00 ish

little stop/s 5 min etc

Lunch 1:30 - 2:30 3ish depending

prob be an evening arrival back in melb......this is just a rough estimate (detailed in time)

and kms......from meet point....all the way there and back to chaddy is about 235km......blind kid seeks will chuck up another map that shows km's etc with his previous post soon

cheers

cheers Guys, Blind Kid Seeks already had the route in his head so that made it easy for him, within next week or so we will try to have a running sheet with approx times etc.....just from guessing

Meet 11:00

Depart 12:00 ish

little stop/s 5 min etc

Lunch 1:30 - 2:30 3ish depending

prob be an evening arrival back in melb......this is just a rough estimate (detailed in time)

and kms......from meet point....all the way there and back to chaddy is about 235km......blind kid seeks will chuck up another map that shows km's etc with his previous post soon

cheers

Hey Hey,

I added the Map indicating the distance and time between each leg... Please note though the leg between Warragul and Korumburra is 40kms Long and google maps states it's a 41 min trip.... speed limits vary from 80 - 100 kmh through here.... which is plenty fast enough.

The total length of the cruise is 100% related to how long we spend in Korumburra for lunch or if we go to Coal Creek for some photos and stuff.

glad people are taking interest in this... add your name to the list....

Attendees :

1. Blind Kid Seeks

2. Jaderd

3. Kenji

4. Marc2020

5. Guni

6. bonbon-2zzge

7. Nikkii (passenger)

8. GTI-TRD (twincam.org)

Seems like a good amount of thought has gone into this Im definantley up for it.

1. Blind Kid Seeks

2. Jaderd

3. Kenji

4. Marc2020

5. Guni

6. bonbon-2zzge

7. Nikkii (passenger)

8. GTI-TRD (twincam.org)

9. Silly-Karr

Edited by Silly-Karr

Seems like a good amount of thought has gone into this Im definantley up for it.

1. Blind Kid Seeks

2. Jaderd

3. Kenji

4. Marc2020

5. Guni

6. bonbon-2zzge

7. Nikkii (passenger)

8. GTI-TRD (twincam.org)

9. Silly-Karr

we'll try and get thanh, puppa, ben, phan and jeff too

hrmmmmms im a newbie around here ><"

but my parents given me a rav4 as a present...n i feel like doing some cruise =]]

is it open 4 every1??? :D

They need another kid?

Cruise along if u want ..... Open to anybody who signs up to TOCAU .........

Wow with the amount of planning that seems to have gone into this how can I say no lol. It sounds great, never taken my car on open country road before so should be fun.

perfect chance for me to get you that drink! :D

drag will along too :P

Wow with the amount of planning that seems to have gone into this how can I say no lol. It sounds great, never taken my car on open country road before so should be fun.

perfect chance for me to get you that drink! :D

drag will along too :P

Lol, sweet! I will try and get Will to come, but he has a gf so he doesnt have as much free time as I do lol