Kluger Safety, she's a winner

fish475

Ladies & Gentlemens,

We all purchased/leased one of these beasts knowing or hoping that it's gona be a mighty fine vehicle/beast.

Re - AWD I proceeded with mine, mainly for boat launching ability with sand build up at the base of the ramps or just launching of firm mud edges, etc.

But today I saw and experienced another benefit (nothing new to AWD's though).

I've been doing many k's & trips to Castlemaine/Bendigo due to my elderly father in Hospital with some concerns and I'm in Albury/Wodonga.

A previous post of mine highlighted a sizable bullseye I got on my windscreen caused by a semi near shepparton thats since been fixed on one of my trips re the above.

This evening on edge of darkness I was on the the connecting road from Epsom Nth of Bendigo to Voilet Town near the Hume Freeway.

Prior to the town of Rushworth on this road it is not really that wide, but Ok in day light when fine and two cars have to pass in opposite directions.

I hit a fleet of Safeway trucks who must have come from the Safeways Mega DC in Barnawatha heading to Bendigo. The conditions were near darkness in solid rain.

Paroniod about busting another windscreen along with water spray visibility, I dropped cruise and took both left side wheels into the roads shoulder at 90ks a hrs for the first truck. then again 4 mins later and again later for the next truck.

The Kluger remained rock steady on all occassions with out any slide and no fuss with those wheels upon re- entering the bitumen under the slippery conditions

Not something one would wish to do in a Commodore etc. The Kluger displayed brilliance in road manors under crap conditions.

Just got to love that constant AWD feeling and big foot print the Kluger delivers.

This "Beast of a Vehicle" just keeps on getting better IMO.

Plus, me windscreen is fine.

Edited by fish475

Nice story fish.

As long as you don't brake when left and right wheel having different grip. You will be fine.

For interest, does the traction control activate at all?

Nice story fish.

As long as you don't brake when left and right wheel having different grip. You will be fine.

For interest, does the traction control activate at all?

Taka,

No vehicle safety engagment dash lights activated. The vehicle just remained steady on her own. I didn't brake as I only dropped off cruise from 105 to 92 about the time the passings occurred.

This is my first SUV vehicle of this type, as I've always had commodores or falcons. Whilst having this vehicle since last Nov in 07, it just continues to impress me everyday.

So glad I invested a few extra $$$'s into this type of vehicle at this stage of my working life.