Melbourne Cruise Ideas

Hi Guys...

As discussed over lunch on Sunday.. we said we'd set up a thread for Cruise suggestions and routes that we could decide on.

Heres the one we did with rollaclub.com

Lilydale Lake to Noojee Pub

Lunch at the Pub .... then back to yarra Junction and then on to....

Yarra Junction to Mt Donna Buang Lookout.

then home...

330 ish K's

post suggestions and road maps

Edited by Blind Kid Seeks

Sunday 31st of August i reckon we should go as its inline with what we all agreed to (those who spoke up) back when we started the organising of these monthly meets "Last sunday of each month" that way you always know when its on etc

if ya there you are if you cant make it youll be at next one etc

cheers

Edited by jaderd

Sunday 31st of August i reckon we should go as its inline with what we all agreed to (those who spoke up) back when we started the organising of these monthly meets "Last sunday of each month" that way you always know when its on etc

if ya there you are if you cant make it youll be at next one etc

cheers

biatch :P

oh well no guni on next curise........at least we wont all have to worry about thinking we are going crazy.........i swear there was a black boat cruising around the turns to korumburra........but a boat out of water ?..........;)

ahhhhh as far as cruises.....ANDY a.k.a - freak knowledge of different cruise routes........im happy with whatever ya pic.......although with saying that i would prefer one that starts out eltham/warrandyte area etc....even a kinglake cruise......only cos i live out that way but ne wehres sweet......pfft its only fuel......cheap as lol

cheers

Edited by jaderd

oh well no guni on next curise........at least we wont all have to worry about thinking we are going crazy.........i swear there was a black boat cruising around the turns to korumburra........but a boat out of water ?..........;)

ahhhhh as far as cruises.....ANDY a.k.a - freak knowledge of different cruise routes........im happy with whatever ya pic.......although with saying that i would prefer one that starts out eltham/warrandyte area etc....even a kinglake cruise......only cos i live out that way but ne wehres sweet......pfft its only fuel......cheap as lol

cheers

Noooo .............

i loved that Yarra Junction to Mt Donna Buang Lookout cruise and noojee was a great pub and meals....

I'll start to look around down my way for some cruise ideas, if we all didn't mind someone less high paced i could organize one along the peninsular through mornington up to Mt Martha etc along the beach road then up aurthers seat for some pictures lil bit of spirited up hill driving and time for anyone to head down then back up if they wanted lol, then maybe some higher speed driving out the back of red hill to pt leo/flinders way.

Just an idea.. or we could go even further and lunch at portsea pub or sorrento....

i can take us on a fast paced action back cruise if you all like

Melbourne to Mildura - 550km each way......flat and straight road.......no real twisties though :)........home cooked meal off the olds for all

lol.......nah im easy with cruises guys.....everything you have mentioned sounds great

Edited by jaderd

Just went for cruise with Guni and Blind kid Seeks, they came around i was passenger..........went for test of afew of the cruise routes.....ill let andy add in exact routes im not sure..........checked out locations for lunch around the are..........chatted about maybe a bbq byo meat near yarra in warrandyte (need to confirm bbq at location...i can check this one night this week) or if no bbq there or allowed is always the awesome bakery in warrandyte..........nice pies and pasties etc.

cheers

On the way home, BKS and I drove on this street .........

DSC00091.jpg

nice trees i must say. Drive there was great and looking that I will miss the actual cruise end of the month, it was good.

Lucky we went there as there were no BBQ pits which i then suggest someone bring a portable barbee or just build some from the surrounding logs and get a "high quality" mesh from bunnings or something as we don't want anything to melt. Remember to bring garbage bags as there are no bins around.

Some roads are tighter than Korumbarra so beware and be safe.

These are just my 2 cents, BKS will fill in the details or correct me ....

Cheers guys.

yeah chatted to GF's olds, they reckon there is no real public bbqs or areas around there for bbq as NP sort of areas, best option may be warrandyte pub meal for lunch or assorted bakery items at teh awesome bakery they have there, ufortuantely Guni cant make it on day as he will be OS, so he got to have a cruise there today so he is happy now :).......thanx for the pics too guni.......such a nice are there.......be great in late spring/early summer

Hey guys,

Thanks for coming with to check out the run today...

As a warning the run through the back of Eltham/research is VERY tight... as Guni Said... MUCH tighter than the korumburra run.. if you could imagine a single lane road that has two way traffic.. through a forest with hair pins and blind off camber corners. YAY!!!! I have driven the road many times.. but i forgot that some of you could get over excited and just want flat out right foot action, which would most certainly see you wrap your car around a tree or a house... or cyclist...

we'll need to find another place for lunch as the BBQ area was non existant... Ghey....

I'm sure theres plenty of options for Pub's or Cafe's for a coffie/sandwhich/foccacia/hotdog in surrounding suburbs.

Sparkling Carwash - > Mt Dandenong and Surrounds Run

This run is best done Late at night... traffic can be a bitch otherwise.

Ill be down for this one! If i pass my Ps on the 11th this month.

This ones a lil closer to home.

The warragal one was a lil far out for my likings.

good luck mate... hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Sparkling Carwash - > Mt Dandenong and Surrounds Run

This run is best done Late at night... traffic can be a bitch otherwise.

Ill be down for this one! If i pass my Ps on the 11th this month.

This ones a lil closer to home.

The warragal one was a lil far out for my likings.

good luck mate... hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Yeah same same!

Cant wait to drive the Corona alone! :lol:

So have we chosen a road yet?

just went for a cruise to philip island and back.. actually if everyone is driving 100+, the whole trip would b fun~

wat bout go there, stop by a fish and chip, then drink by the beach~ go for a good walk near the noobies~

just went for a cruise to philip island and back.. actually if everyone is driving 100+, the whole trip would b fun~

wat bout go there, stop by a fish and chip, then drink by the beach~ go for a good walk near the noobies~

hrmmms not philip island ==" rd down there looks boring =/

can we choose it somewhere like arthur seat or mt dandenong area

sorry westside...u got nothing over there :P