Toyota Link

gerryl

I dropped off my car to the dealer this morning to have the dreaded dash rattle rectified. The vehicle will be with them for two days to enable removal/replacement. A few hours later a pleasant young lady rang me from Toyota Link to advise that the dealer had contacted them to request suspension of surviellance for two days while repairs were made. Toyota Link requested my approval before they would do so.

On a similar note, I once disconnected my battery in order to reset the ECU. A few minutes later a voice came from the Toyota Link console stating that a "possible unauthorised entry had been detected" and asked for my password. The guy then asked me whether I was aware that my battery had been disconnected.

So, it all seems to work quite well and certainly adds a sense of security in more remote areas.

...A few hours later a pleasant young lady rang me from Toyota Link to advise that the dealer had contacted them to request suspension of surviellance for two days while repairs were made. Toyota Link requested my approval before they would do so.

Suspension of surveillance eh? Anything in particular that the dealer doesn't want you to see? Hehehe.

You've got to be kidding?!?

<rant start>

There should NOT have been a need for Toyota-Link to contact you in this situation! If the Toyota workshop is carrying out work on your Presara that involves disconnecting the battery, they MUST set the Toyota-Link ECU into "Service" mode instead of the normal "Active" mode. This is done via the TDT software on their Panasonic Toughbook connected to the ECU under the parcel shelf. The Toyota workshop staff that did the work on your car are completely incompetent!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

<rant finish>

Nothing annoys me more than so-called "factory-trained" Toyota technicians, who haven't got a clue what they're doing! Not all, just some...

Edited by pinzvidz