Recommend brake pads for 2003 Camry Sportivo

initial_d

Hi,

Could someone recommend brake pads for 2003 Camry Sportivo (VVTi 4 cylinder 2.4L engine model)? I'm getting close to 100K km on original factory ones and believe pads are close to change time (it's just amazing how long they actually lasted).

Are the ones I could buy at Toyota dealers as good as the factory ones? I've heard that factory ones are from Japan and of better quality than what can be bought from the dealers locally - not sure if that's really true.

What about Endless SSS or SSM? I used to have those one of those on RX-7 and Endless certainly did not disappoint. Where could I source Endless for that model at a reasonable price?

Cheers,

Mr D.

100k off factory brake pads??? Do you ever use them??? LOL...

Not a joke, real 100K and not babying them either :D My dad changed his at 120K km (2001 V6 Conquest) and they still had some meat left. The question is if I buy at the dealer, are they the same as factory stuff? Rumor has it, they're not.

Yeah I do believe the factory ones are pretty good, we have 03 Camry with over 100k on it and still plenty remaining. I dare say they would be better if we didn’t have the trouble of the disks on the front warping, but we got them machined and they came up good as new. But I should point out we live in the country and only use the brakes about 5 times a trip :D.

Factory pads should be fine.

On my gen4 the front pads where replaced for the first time at 170000km and since then my new ones (factory) have gone through another 40000k with plenty left to spare.

And no I'm not one to go easy on my brakes either.

The ones that you buy from Toyota should well be the same ones that are fitted in the cars when they're new... They all come from the same place so yeah...

Go Genuine...

I've had cars coming into work lately needing brake pads after only 25 - 40,000kms... One would think they must be driving with their left foot on the brake constantly...

Definately genuine. I ve just had my 115,000 service and the factory brake pads are still going strong.

mbruce...you said you live in the country and your profile says NQ. Anywhere near Cairns? Not many this far up on here I think.

Edited by Sweety

I just replaced mine at 153k on the clock... same from brand new. Worn down... prob had about 5-10% left on em... not bad for brake pads, lol.

I replaced mine with Bendix Advance Pads (apparently they don't make these anymore?? meh) and so far so good.

Brake dust is a lot less now though :) Which I like, lol

mbruce...you said you live in the country and your profile says NQ. Anywhere near Cairns? Not many this far up on here I think.

Yeah I am about 15km out of Innisfail. No not many up this way on here, but there are two others on Auscam from Cairns.

Edited by mbruce

Yeah I am about 15km out of Innisfail. No not many up this way on here, but there are two others on Auscam from Cairns.

Ah ok. Im in Mareeba. Thanks for the Auscam link. Definately going to have a look there. B)

• 4 months later...

Yeah I do believe the factory ones are pretty good, we have 03 Camry with over 100k on it and still plenty remaining. I dare say they would be better if we didn’t have the trouble of the disks on the front warping, but we got them machined and they came up good as new. But I should point out we live in the country and only use the brakes about 5 times a trip :D.

Dunno if you've noticed that they 'rock' race machinery after it has come in. Reason is that very hot brake disks have part of the disk covered by the pad assembly which causes the disk to cool unevenly causing warping. After a hard stop or two let the car roll a metre or so every now and again for the few minutes to allow the disks to cool evenly.

I hope this helps ..