Avalons....

avalonsf

Well im out in the states and my avalon is a lil different but it seems you guys arent familiar with the avalons at cardomain.com ... sure its not the sportiest of cars but its nothing to sleep on... abyways the reason i ended up in this site was cause I'm trying to find the avalon grill you guys have there for my 99 avalon if anybody knows any sites that sells parts please let me know. thnx

605126_52_full.jpg

click the avalon.... :P

G'day avalonsf,

Welcome to the Aussie forums. Unfortunately, the Avalon isn't very well represented here, mainly because it doesn't sell very well in Australia.

The top selling cars here in Australia are the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon, both of them rear wheel drive and with big six cylinder engines (3.6 to 4.0 litre) and optional V8's (5.0 to 6.0 litre).

When the Avalon arrived here in 2000, it was identical to yours, 3.0 litre V6 and front wheel drive, and Aussies haven't taken to it. All Toyota did here was buy the tooling from the USA and did very little else to make it sell here. There was a cosmetic update in 2002 (see pics below) but it hasn't helped much.

Most of the critics over here put the Avalon ahead of the other two as a car, but the buying public see it as old-fashioned, too conservative and it lacks the cachet of rear wheel drive. There's a new one due in 2006, hopefully that will do better. I saw the new Avalon just released in the States ... I reckon that one could be a winner!

Perhaps you can get into contact with a dealer here who would be willing to ship one to you, A good first try would be Penrith Toyota

However, there should be an aftermarket parts/accessories dealer there in the States that should be able to source one for you locally.

I would agree with IZZ-FE on that score, Penrith Toyota seem to be a dealer that is happy to deal with customers from afar via the internet, a lot of dealers don't want the hassle.

While you're chatting to Penrith Toyota, ask them about the Sportivo grille for the Avalon, its a chrome surround with silver mesh, I've attached a photo from a news article here in Australia:

It certainly gives the front end a lift! :)

• 2 weeks later...