Aurion Gearbox - Sports Mode

TRD1

For the past 2 days, it might be the way I drive personally or maybe because the Aurion has such a strong engine, I haven't felt the need to take it to redline yet cos I always go past the speed limit before I get there.....

I was like that at first while I was still getting used to the feel of my Aurion. Initially it felt like the car had control of me, but once I started to feel that I had control over the car, that's when it all changed.

haha... can't wait to test it out... maybe after the first 1000k and service hehe....

mmm... going by my calculations, that would be in about 2 weeks... I will start the count down :P

Once you feel the potential of the Aurion in it's power band of 4700-6200RPM, it may be hard to turn back. LOL. Well for me anyways. Just look at my increasing fuel consumption.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certainly racking up the k's (about 60-70k's per day), so in no time would I be able to enjoy that POWER :

My trips so far have been mainly stop-start traffic to and from work on the freeway, and the trip computer is saying about 12.2L per 100k's, which seems like the average from the other thread you referred to. Once I start driving more "spiritedly"... well... lucky the price of petrol is coming down LOL

not sure, I thought the weight of the two are the same.... both have a kerb weight of 1615kg. However, you might be right with the transmission only being 5 speed.

I'm not sure of the weight of the 2008 Accord Coupe in the US, it can do 0-100 in about 6.6 seconds with a 6 speed manual. Expectation is that the sedan can do 7.5sec with a 5 speed auto.

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/guides_an...umentid=6119166

slightly heavier, slightly later torque, slight less gears

Large Car Comparison (Ford-Holden-Honda-Toyota)

http://www.caradvice.com.au/14484/ford-vs-...r-comparison/5/

says massive 1 sec difference (6.75 vs. 7.72) , but figures were average of 3 runs

Accord V6 Luxury is heavier than Accord V6 I guess

but it was also Aurion Pressara, 6.75 is almost unbelievable

Edited by tekkyy