Stereo Help??? :S

Evo7

Hey guys,

just a question,

i have a a car audio system that i havent put in the rolla yet, and was wondering if i should put it in cause i want to get a double-din unit.

The system i have follows:

Pioneer Head Unit

Clarion 4" Speakers (I know they're small tongue.gif)

Clarion 6" Splits

Clarion 400W RMS Amp

Clarion 600W Sub.

it seems i used to run an amp that wasnt higher then the max of the Sub.

So my next question is,

Should i get a New more powerful Amp with a higher RMS???

Any help would be great,

thanks

Evo

The 600w rating on the clarion subwoofer is what i would presume a "max" figure, which is basically completely irrelevant

Try and find the rms figure for the subwoofer, i imagine it would be around 200w rms

even if the sub is 600w rms, 400w rms should be enough for everyday usage

200w rms more would hardly be noticeable to the ear in most cases

Id agree... 600W would be what they call PMPO (stands for something to do with peak power LOL!) So basically... If you run that sub at a constant 600W you will shorten the life span of it dramatically! The 400W amp is heaps enough for it....

Or you could harden the eff up and get a 1200W Hertz setup HAHAHAHAHHA!! Jks man.... Sounds like you are gonna get some sweet beats comin out of that system!!!

Id agree... 600W would be what they call PMPO (stands for something to do with peak power LOL!) So basically... If you run that sub at a constant 600W you will shorten the life span of it dramatically! The 400W amp is heaps enough for it....

Or you could harden the eff up and get a 1200W Hertz setup HAHAHAHAHHA!! Jks man.... Sounds like you are gonna get some sweet beats comin out of that system!!!

Peak Music Power Output - incredibly irrelevant for most people. However, you should get an amp that can produce more power than the sub can handle.

Why? You're running the amp with more clean headroom (you don't have to set the gains as high to get the same output), so less stress on the amp and less possibility of clipping to ruin the sub.

Just set your gains properly and you won't end up with crispy coils :D

Yeah, true,

But im not going to put the system in until i get a double din unit, cause i have the one i took out of my old car, and i dont like the look of the single din gap...

So it will be a while before the system goes in...

Im looking at an Alpine Double Din...

Can anyone recommend what else the is for double din in the market, and has RCA outputs??

Alpine IVA-W202E (~$1000-1200)

or

JVC KW-AVX810 (~$700-900)

would be my two choices. I'd lean towards JVC as it is the cheaper option with about the same specs.

Or if you got money to splash and want something with memory in it to store music I'd go for the Pioneer AVIC

Price varies depending on where you get it from. Ebay has a few.

I recently found a REALLY kick-***** unit,

its the Eclipse double din with built in everything.... so i may have to wait a while to get it, but thats wat im aiming for :D

• 3 weeks later...
I recently found a REALLY kick-***** unit,

its the Eclipse double din with built in everything.... so i may have to wait a while to get it, but thats wat im aiming for :D

Eclipse head-units are very highly reccomended by alot of people, including myself.. but with a h/u like that your really letting yourself go with the amp and sub.. when looking for amps and subs, steer clear of the typical WOW and JB Hifi, look into some local audio stores where you might find some brands you haven't heard of.. The best audio gear comes out of the States.. <1 thing to remember :)