NEW FROM AUSTRALIA

Hi Thanks for that.

That has made up my mind, I am after a Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca Hatch 152R Auto 2007 4 door.

Is that right or is there an upgrade to that.

Rob

Thats right. Its the newest unles you get the 2008 model but I dont think they had any upgrades since 2007. Check with the dealer if you are getting a new car.

I also got an auto... does the job nicely. if I wanted manual, I wouldnt be buying a Corolla id be buying a sports car :D

hahaha thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever read on here

When will you stop pretending that your rolla is a Supra? :rolleyes:

hahah here we go.. this is gonna be fun...

I made no such claim. My rolla is a Rolla.. it is also perfect for what i need. Its going to hold more value than your base model new model in 5 years.

If you wanna go slow and use more fuel and have a boring time with yoru corolla.. get yourself an Auto Ascent.... but for me... there is something very satisfying seeing the look on the face of the commodore owner as you level peg with them in your "Corolla"

Well that is exactly what I got an auto Ascent for boring and cheap running :)

And usually when you increase the power, you also use more fuel... dont know about your tune but that is usually the case with cars.

No i thought i was getting more power for free... you serious??

Hi Thanks for that.

That has made up my mind, I am after a Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca Hatch 152R Auto 2007 4 door.

Rob

Thats right. Its the newest unles you get the 2008 model but I dont think they had any upgrades since 2007. Check with the dealer if you are getting a new car.

I also got an auto... does the job nicely. if I wanted manual, I wouldnt be buying a Corolla id be buying a sports car :D

I made no such claim. My rolla is a Rolla.. it is also perfect for what i need. Its going to hold more value than your base model new model in 5 years.

If you wanna go slow and use more fuel and have a boring time with yoru corolla.. get yourself an Auto Ascent.... but for me... there is something very satisfying seeing the look on the face of the commodore owner as you level peg with them in your "Corolla"

And usually when you increase the power, you also use more fuel... dont know about your tune but that is usually the case with cars.

No bs num nuts, Im not the one who wrote: If you wanna go slow and use more fuel and have a boring time with yoru corolla..

Hi Thanks for that.

Rob

No bs num nuts, Im not the one who wrote: If you wanna go slow and use more fuel and have a boring time with yoru corolla..

calm down mate i was joking i know full well driving a car faster uses more fuel... thats like... knowing the sky is blue or that water is wet. But thanks for explaining it for everyone who you think gives a *****.

its common knowledge also that Auto's Use more fuel. to do the same job as your manual. torque converters eat up your power and thus your fuel economy mate... and thats a fact. You'd have to drive at Ultra Gandmas spec all the time to get better economy out of your Auto than you would from a manual.

Hi Thanks for that.

Rob

calm down mate i was joking i know full well driving a car faster uses more fuel... thats like... knowing the sky is blue or that water is wet. But thanks for explaining it for everyone who you think gives a *****.

its common knowledge also that Auto's Use more fuel. to do the same job as your manual. torque converters eat up your power and thus your fuel economy mate... and thats a fact. You'd have to drive at Ultra Gandmas spec all the time to get better economy out of your Auto than you would from a manual.

heh cool mate :) im not having a go at you just underlining your comments!

But I seriously cant see much difference between a manual and auto... at most a manual will save around a few hundred mil of fuel per 100 KMs. If that is big bucks to you then your a tight a$$ :P

Edited by Modena

thats like... knowing the sky is blue

The sky is clear, light refracting on the atmosphere gives the impression of colour. As the sun is on the in or out, it gives a red as that level of refraction is closest to the red end of the spectrum. Blue is more towards being almost straight on.

Anyway, completely irrelevant to the topic but wanted to share as this is the only time in my life since leaving school (16 years ago) that Physics has been of any use to me whatso******ingever :P

Edited by Blade Hunter