1999 Corolla Levin help

Hey guys,

im new to this forum, but i need some advice. I'm in the market for a new car, i previously had a 180sx and now i want something.... better. So i have been searching for a new beast to call my own and i have stumbled upon the beautiful Corolla Levin. Im not sure what it is, but something about these cars just make me melt. However a 1999 Corolla in australia will set me back close to $18,000, so i have looked further abroad.

Japan is the ideal option to import from and i can pick up a corolla + shipping and compliance for under $10,000. So the acquisition of the car isn't my problem, its the whole coming into toyota modification. As i stated before i had a 180sx, typical drift spec. I knew most of the modifications that i could get for it and i could get it easy. However i do not know what engine, suspension, transmission modifications apply to the levin; Also bling. even tho i can appreciate the stock bumper and lights of the levin, it looks hot with aftermarket gear on.

So i submit to you, if you were to get a 1999 Corolla Levin what modifications would you make and how much would that set you back?

• 2 weeks later...

yeh enough of the arguments about what hes talking about, thats not answering his question...

well.. mods...

best mod i can advise is chipping your ecu.

i have my AE101 chipped by a MONSTER custom and made a massive difference to accelleration and overall power (albeit with the fuel economy decline - still only sitting @ about 8-9L/100k)

second, my 101 has a custom cold air intake, didnt make much power difference, but ended up with 50-80kms xtra per tank (of 40L).

as for bling (i assume you mean body kits and spoilers and such?), it might pay to visit a wreckers or have a search for parts in newspapers or whatnot. other than that i dont have much knowledge on this.

im not very keen on turbo kits or anything too outrageous like that, but if you want to visit a wreckers and pick up an supercharger from an MR2 around the early 90's vintage and as my friend has done (a vehicle body builder), you can go to the extreme of fitting that, no idea how, but it has been done to a few rollas i have heard of. But of course you have to then think about upgraded injectors, custom intake manifold and new belt system + even a dyno tune - then it starts getting up there in price.

hope ive helpd a bit.