Question about wheel

sukom

Hi guys, I am from Malaysia and i own an asian camry aka aurion. I intend to change my wheel to 18 inch front 8.5jj offset +34 (235/45/18) and rear 9.5jj offset +36 (265/40/18). What i am worry is if the wheel will go outside the fender? Anyone experience putting similiar wheels om their aurion? Pls advise

Thank you pal...

Hi guys, I am from Malaysia and i own an asian camry aka aurion. I intend to change my wheel to 18 inch front 8.5jj offset +34 (235/45/18) and rear 9.5jj offset +36 (265/40/18). What i am worry is if the wheel will go outside the fender? Anyone experience putting similiar wheels om their aurion? Pls advise

Thank you pal...

Why are you getting different size of wheels for front and rear?

Since aurion or camry is not RWD, it is not recommended to get different sized wheels becoz it would cause serious handling problems during driving.

Also, 9.5 sounds a bit too wide I guess.

I've seen people with Gen 6 Camry's over in the states doing a staggered wheel setup on there car. I think they are aware of the fact that it's pointless on a FWD. It's all about looks for those guys.

9.5 isnt too wide Jin..

Mine's on 20" with 8.5 for the front and 9.5 on back with low profile tyres [Not sure about my offset]. Just rolled the vender in and you're good to go.

Considering urs is 18" & ur not gonna LOWER ur ride, I reckon it'll be Ok.. Unless u goin to low it, it might scrubs a bit, but again.. just roll them in! ;)

But.. 18 with 8.5 & 9.5jj? Wow.. I hardly find any 18s on that wide and also different width..

Goin from 17 to 18? U reckon it's worth it?

9.5 isnt too wide Jin..

Mine's on 20" with 8.5 for the front and 9.5 on back with low profile tyres [Not sure about my offset]. Just rolled the vender in and you're good to go.

Considering urs is 18" & ur not gonna LOWER ur ride, I reckon it'll be Ok.. Unless u goin to low it, it might scrubs a bit, but again.. just roll them in! ;)

But.. 18 with 8.5 & 9.5jj? Wow.. I hardly find any 18s on that wide and also different width..

Hi VF-X,

May i know what tire spec u r using? Did you roll the fender much? Yeah i am not planning to lower my ride. My original size is 16". hehe

Edited by sukom

9.5 isnt too wide Jin..

Hi VF-X,

May i know what tire spec u r using? Did you roll the fender much? Yeah i am not planning to lower my ride. My original size is 16". hehe

Went to Tempe Tyres...To my surprise they didnt have the tyre I'd been looking for

So I went with 245/30/20 (wanted to go 255) for rear and 245/35/20 for front.

I did roll the vender but not too much.

Ah, 16". I'm sure 19" will do the car a lot better than 18s in term of looks. 19 is the bottomline for 'too small' and 'too big' for Aurion.. :lol:

Went to Tempe Tyres...To my surprise they didnt have the tyre I'd been looking for

So I went with 245/30/20 (wanted to go 255) for rear and 245/35/20 for front.

I did roll the vender but not too much.

Ah, 16". I'm sure 19" will do the car a lot better than 18s in term of looks. 19 is the bottomline for 'too small' and 'too big' for Aurion.. :lol:

19" is just nice but over my budget :blink: 18" suit mine because i need higher profile tire as the road condition here is terrible compare Aus. Thanks for the info :toast:

• 1 month later...
9.5 isnt too wide Jin..

Where can i find a pic of your car VF-X, it would be good to see the 9.5 on the back, and the rollin they have done. Does it have a deep dish on the back. On my Xr6 ute, i had 8.5 on the front and 9.5 on the back, and the back dish looked awesome.

Hi,

Could anyone tell me for Aurion ZR6 can I fit a 235/45/17 tyre to the wheel (standard 17" 215/55/17 was the current tyre size)?

Cheers

Daniel

Yes.. From my thinking.It will definitely fit in well.

9.5 isnt too wide Jin..

Where can i find a pic of your car VF-X, it would be good to see the 9.5 on the back, and the rollin they have done. Does it have a deep dish on the back. On my Xr6 ute, i had 8.5 on the front and 9.5 on the back, and the back dish looked awesome.

Haven't take any photos since I lowered it.. I'll take some for you sometime.

Well, my sister just drove the car and for the 1st time I saw my car rollin as a non-driver.. Love the looks..

Luv all Black.. <3

Btw, I also traded in my front tyres from 245 to 225s.. The look and the width proportion with the rear was kinda weird, when i was about to lower it more.. So yea..Now, it looks totally fine.

Edited by VF-X