Sportivo RPM

qubic

Hi

I am new to this site. I got a camry sportivo 2005 model. i bought this a month ago.

I saw that the RPM is a bit varying. when i push the pedal the rpm goes up and when i release the pedal the rpm comes down at a normal speed and then it suddenly drops to 1000 and then goes up to 1200 an then settles. the car ll be still moving at a considerable speed. i saw this and tried taking my foot of the pedal and not applying any break..........

Can any one help me why its happening like this??? Is this any thing to do with VVT-i.

Thank you

Hi

I am new to this site. I got a camry sportivo 2005 model. i bought this a month ago.

I saw that the RPM is a bit varying. when i push the pedal the rpm goes up and when i release the pedal the rpm comes down at a normal speed and then it suddenly drops to 1000 and then goes up to 1200 an then settles. the car ll be still moving at a considerable speed. i saw this and tried taking my foot of the pedal and not applying any break..........

Can any one help me why its happening like this??? Is this any thing to do with VVT-i.

Thank you

that's completely normal as you have an auto, by the sounds of it. all the auto's are like that, regardless of how the cam works with the vvti. the way i understand it is the auto transmission will naturally try to find the highest ratio to drive in at each speed, and it's measuring that to get the most fuel economy and ease the stress put onto it.

dw mate,

its all good. theres nothing wrong with you car as yet.

i do it to my non vvti 4cylinder and yea, it does that, especially when i floor the pedal for a short time, lets say max 1sec, it goes all the way up to 6rpms and drops back immediately to 1rpm, then regulates.