The powers of the council parking inspectors ?

hey guys,

this morning on the way to work i was driving through a single lane & round-about nightmare street and so i pretty much just kept it in 1st gear the whole way through.

now the only thing is as i was driving through it looked like there was one of those council parking inspectors walking along and as i went past them the car must have been just under lift and being 1st gear so it was a bit loader than normal driving & it looked like she proceeded to take a look and jot down my plates

now are these guys in a position to issue noise infringement notices ? or am i going to expect something else in the mail ? any ideas ?

Bill

Just tell them to suckle on the end of your shawerma and reap the fruits of there labour with a blob of garlic sauce rocketing down the back of there throat at 90km/h

Edited by Sea Moose

Just tell them to suckle on the end of your shawerma and reap the fruits of there labour with a blob of garlic sauce rocketing down the back of there throat at 90km/h

Lovely...lmao. :P Yep im sure that would work, not :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah xoom i not think you have anything to worry about either.. :D

Unlikely the two events are connected. Most likely they were writing down details of a illegally parked car, and just looked up at your car to see what was going on.

Im a Local Govt. ranger in W.A. we dont issue anything for exessive noise etc. Im sure it's the same irrespective of whether its here or over East.

Like what everyone has been saying, it could just be a matter of her looking up as she was writting down something unrelated. The guys who do the rounds issuing parking fines are more interested in getting their daily quota.

You shouldnt have anything to worry about mate.

Im a Local Govt. ranger in W.A. we dont issue anything for exessive noise etc. Im sure it's the same irrespective of whether its here or over East.

Like what everyone has been saying, it could just be a matter of her looking up as she was writting down something unrelated. The guys who do the rounds issuing parking fines are more interested in getting their daily quota.

hmmm.... im gonna have to buy a house near the area that you are rangering jayme ... LOLs...

nuh, but just to share experience, i dont think ranger does those kind of stuff. but at the moment, in my tafe, we are having student parking problems, so theres too many cars, so we park our car next to the college , its a leisure centre and they have a 3 hour limit. the ranger always chalk our tyres...

and there was one a truck who park on a bus zone, the ranger so many photos of the truck, regarding its been parked in a bus zone.... so yeh... i dont think ranger will do anything ridiculous like giving u tickets for too loud... as they even have to take a photograph to fine a truck that park in a bus zone??

just my oppinion tho :)

hmmm.... im gonna have to buy a house near the area that you are rangering jayme ... LOLs...

nuh, but just to share experience, i dont think ranger does those kind of stuff. but at the moment, in my tafe, we are having student parking problems, so theres too many cars, so we park our car next to the college , its a leisure centre and they have a 3 hour limit. the ranger always chalk our tyres...

and there was one a truck who park on a bus zone, the ranger so many photos of the truck, regarding its been parked in a bus zone.... so yeh... i dont think ranger will do anything ridiculous like giving u tickets for too loud... as they even have to take a photograph to fine a truck that park in a bus zone??

just my oppinion tho :)

You dont want to live within the City Of Joondalup boundary!

dunno guys ..... just found this

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/noise/vehiclenoise.htm

they could slug me with a fine .... hmmmm maybe i go c the boys @ the workshop n clog up that exhaust ..... lol .... so i could expect a letter from the DECC (Department of Environment and Climate Change) ..... oh well nufin i can do about it now.

they could slug me with a fine .... hmmmm maybe i go c the boys @ the workshop n clog up that exhaust ..... lol .... so i could expect a letter from the DECC (Department of Environment and Climate Change) ..... oh well nufin i can do about it now.

Looking at that, the council rangers still have limited powers. They can only bust you under SECTION 14, 15, 17 & 17A according to "Summary of offences " :)

I hope they dont bring this into work!

Keep me posted mate!

Looking at that, the council rangers still have limited powers. They can only bust you under SECTION 14, 15, 17 & 17A according to "Summary of offences " :)

Keep me posted mate!

hahhahahha..... if they bring this to your work jayme... u gonna have to leave all the loud corolla in joondy region and start fining those commowhores.... LOLs... behhehehehehe......

when i recently went through a booze bus, the cop asked me for my surname, wrote something down and told me to have a good day

i found this unusual, should i be expecting something in the mail?

sorry to hijack your thread, just thought ill share my experiences :)

when i recently went through a booze bus, the cop asked me for my surname, wrote something down and told me to have a good day

thats so weird.. did they went through ur license?? they might not send u in the mail.. they might pop in to ur house for a minute or two to check ur sexy ride out LOLs.. jk2.. just to scare u LOL ROFL mauhauhu.. :D

:P they just wanted to know who was using Dynolicious :P

xD it was weird..i was with him and the police just said " What is your surname sir? "

ive been thru alot of booze buses :\ unlucky! but the police never ask anything

Keep me posted mate!

Note that it's only "offensive" noise that the Council can enforce, not loud. So if your car has a fart-cannon, or one of those stupid Dukes Of Hazzard horns (I hear those 2-3 times a day as the Munch Xpress van comes around work)

Keep me posted mate!

Note that it's only "offensive" noise that the Council can enforce, not loud. So if your car has a fart-cannon, or one of those stupid Dukes Of Hazzard horns (I hear those 2-3 times a day as the Munch Xpress van comes around work)

once again just like with the ADR documents the legislators have done the excellent task of leaving it SOOOOO ambiguous that it really is up for interpretation ..... love the governments work ..... NOT .... well wen it comes in .... if it comes in .... ill write back and say i didnt fine the noise offensive so thought it was fine ..... lol

:P they just wanted to know who was using Dynolicious :P

xD it was weird..i was with him and the police just said " What is your surname sir? "

ive been thru alot of booze buses :\ unlucky! but the police never ask anything

no blowing too?? if i were stopped by booze buses or just normal cops, 99% i hv to get a breath test, license checking, and cop walking around my car...

I remember once, stopped by cop due to speeding, and my friends were all laughing and making jokes in the car.. i was laughing too, jiggling in my seat, even took the blowing test twice coz i break out laughing in the middle.. then i think the popo got mad, asked me to get a drug test and walking(straight) test on the road(even thou i pass the alcohol test??!!) :angry:

Then i thought he was getting little serious(TOOO), so i started paying extra attention, leaving with a fine..

back to topic, no i dont think ranger can do you sh!t.. but excessive noise in front of cop, $294 fine in Vic..