Crashed my RA65

ScottoRA65

I recently hit a gutter in my RA65 celica. It was late, very wet and i wasn't very happy at the time, took a corner to fast and bang. I knew at the time my complete left strut was gone, but now since i got it quoted the steering rack, lower control arm and front crossmember is also completely rooted. Its gonna cost all up about 1500 in 2nd hand parts and 500 in labour to get it back on the road. I was just wondering if there was anyone who has spare parts or knows a good place for parts in the ACT, NSW area. Really would like to find a cheap source on parts since already been ripped off 500 bucks in towing fees :(

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I recently hit a gutter in my RA65 celica. It was late, very wet and i wasn't very happy at the time, took a corner to fast and bang. I knew at the time my complete left strut was gone, but now since i got it quoted the steering rack, lower control arm and front crossmember is also completely rooted. Its gonna cost all up about 1500 in 2nd hand parts and 500 in labour to get it back on the road. I was just wondering if there was anyone who has spare parts or knows a good place for parts in the ACT, NSW area. Really would like to find a cheap source on parts since already been ripped off 500 bucks in towing fees :(

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

DUDE! go to queanbeya auto wreckers or whatever they call them self these days. they cross from magnet marts. i bought whole front left suspension from them (strut, springs shocks, disk hubs lower arms drive shaft) the whole left side for $160 bucks and another $200 mechanic in phillip to put it on,

pm me ur number and ill tell you that mechanic info. his very good

Mate what happen to driving safely? :o

Last thing you want is to spend even more money on a car for repairs rather than rice up the ride... :P

Hope you feel better now and drive carefully next time round!

If there's no chassis damage, possibly just buy an old clunker/rust-bucket with the right parts and swap them over? Should be able to get an RA65 that's been rear-ended or something relatively cheap